*HP ENVY 17 & 17 3D (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Mar 14, 2011.

1. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I never encountered this problem when doing a clean install of 7. Perhaps try loading the modified BIOS and changing the drive controller to AHCI...

http://bios-mods.com/pub/donovan6000/Modded Bios/Insyde Bios/sp59847.zip

The SATA drivers are part of the chipset driver package. Try this version...

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/intel-chipset-software-installation-10-27-whql-download.html

2. Richiestone

Richiestone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I have one Envy 17 3D 2090NR with Intel i7 2720 to 1600mhz, and 16gb ram 1600mhz Latency 11, 2 Disks SSD, one 120gb with windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and 480gb with windows 10, excuse me what is the final solution to install update graphics drivers in Windows 7 ultimate 64bit not Hp windows, is the leshcatlabs drivers 14.4 2.2v or other? because I installed the 14.4 2.2v with legacy intel drivers and work very well if I use switched intel driver , but when i change to amd driver work good and restart windows and start with one flash and staying in black screen and I need connect one external monitor, I want use windows 7 to Tridef 3D, what can I do?

I have a modded bios with muxless

3. chocorello

chocorello Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone else having the same model as me (2080en) tried to load a modded bios?
    I'm thinking of it but it seems too risky. I would love to have a confirmation that actually works with the model i own before trying it.

4. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Has anyone with an Envy 17 2000 experienced 100% HDD usage on Windows 10? Can anything be done to remedy this?

Does anyone have a way of using IDT without the original buggy Windows 7 IDT drivers (which also cause 100% HDD usage in Windows 10) ?

5. dj045

dj045 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No problem with windows 10 for me, make sure your installation is a fresh install (not an update install)

VonCrisp likes this.
  6. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Note sure if it finally stopped indexing or if Intel Rapid Storage Tech drivers fixed it. I know however that I never had to install these drivers before on Windows 10.

The only thing left now is trying to mod the newest IDT drivers to support Windows 10 + Envy 17 2xxx.

7. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Speaking of Intel Rapid Storage Tech drivers, use version 12.8.20.1002 from sp71552.exe; they're compatible with Win7, 8.x & 10 and are dated 5/22/2015.

And try the IDT audio v6.10.6498.0 drivers from sp65196.exe under Win10.

8. palatkik

palatkik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same thing happened again after the new automatic upgrade to Win10 ver 1611 (Anniversary). More indexing and high CPU, HDD usage for the first few days it seems.

9. palatkik

palatkik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had this ENVY 17 since 2011 so nearly 5 years old now and going well. But now the rubber trim around the screen is starting to disintegrate. Anyone else seen this and changed the trim?

10. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Had mine since Sep 2011 and the rubber is still perfectly pliable; no cracks. It could be your environment (high ozone or UV exposure) or maybe some chemical you used to clean the screen over the years caused it to degrade.