*HP ENVY 17 & 17 3D (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Bobmitch

Bobmitch Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Also, be very careful with the new build of W10. Does your webcam work? Many complaints in the MS community that tablet cameras and webcams stop working. Something to do with the drivers not connecting to the hardware

2. palatkik

palatkik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I finally fixed the missing Windows Store and modern apps missing, by using another ISO from Microsoft. How many do they have?? Previously I had been using Media Creation Tool US English x64 ISO and then I downloaded ISO from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench for same ISO and its 500MB bigger and installs and keeps all my old files/apps well.

* Except it cannot find web cam as mentioned by Bobmitch above! Now to fix that. This update from 10240 to 10586 has taken me over 5 days already.

3. palatkik

Reputations:
    I had this issue. I ran an elevated cmd:

sfc /scannow

Result will report nothing wrong, but after reboot web cam appears in device manager.

4. Alf Tanner

Alf Tanner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's working fine now, after going to the Unfil 15.10. Unfil 15.11 didn't work for me. I had not been running a leshcat driver package before, just the stock windows driver. It was fine until the last major windows update. Now with 15.10 its all good.

5. palatkik

Reputations:
    A lot of the Win10 privacy settings were compromised with this recent update for me. This resulted in multiple background processes I couldn't fathom and high CPU usage. Eventually I killed them all using Win10 ShutUp app. Seems OK now.

6. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Guys do not trust the Windows IDT drivers.

They cause some huge memory leaks whilst playing games, in turn dropping the FPS to slideshow levels.

7. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    16.1 Legacy (for our devices is out).

It has a few issues. OpenGL doesn't work and full screen youtube playing in XAML apps such as the Edge browser doesn't work

WU drivers seem to work fine albeit the application lock exists. UnifL 15.11 seemed to work okay for me. Always remember to clean with DDU. It helps a lot.

We will see if we can fix any of the mentioned issued for UnifL 16.1 but it is a never ending fight tbh.

Did you ever receive that heatsink btw? How did the installation go?

8. Alf Tanner

Alf Tanner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I put this project on hold for the moment and bought a bunch of cisco gear to finish studying for my ccna. The laptop is triple booting ubuntu, Linux Mint and Windows 10. It's soley used as a console computer now for command line interface to routers and switches.

The AMD drivers for linux are equally as garbage with the display set to muxless dynamic or muxless fixed and dynamic either one. I leave the video setting special features turned off now in BIOS just to avoid issue.

VonCrisp likes this.
  9. Acidblast

Acidblast Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    has your audio stopped working in win 10? My speakers don't work at all but when I plug in headphones I get sound. I tried removing the audio driver and reinstalling it and that worked once. I tried that approach again and I still have no sound. Any ideas?

10. chocorello

chocorello Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody,

I own the model 2080en (3D) and i'm looking forward to installing a clean untouched image of windows7 in our laptop. The problem i encounter is the lack of the SATA drivers needed for the installation to recognize the HDD. I tested many drivers but i was unable to find the correct one.
    So, if anyone has the correct -win7 install- drivers for our SATA controller, please provide me a link to download.

Thank you guys!

---

Before completing this post, i would like share my experience so far with windows10 (version 10.0.10586)

- Audio drivers problem (as you all know...)
    - No 120hz + 3D
    -I think the laptop runs a bit hotter than win7 but i'm not sure yet