*HP ENVY 17 & 17 3D (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jd88ch

jd88ch Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I would like to keep the origin HP Envy 17 software. Could I use the recovery DVD that I created plus the Windows 10.iso?

2. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I made a halfarsed attempt at making an IDT Win 10 driver based on the newest IDT / Tempo Win 10 DriverVer=05/08/2015,6.10.6504.0 (sp71717).

Surprisingly the improvements are astonishing. The performance has gone up tremendously. No more slow downs or delays during media playback. I cannot believe that the IDT driver was the cause of all of this.

The old audio driver really seems to have been causing OS slowdowns.

The driver is a bit of a hackjob. Whilst the sound works, only half of the beats panel works. Not all jacks are recognised.

Maybe Tempo will release a new IDT driver for our devices.

It might be best to report this to MS.

Edit:

Original IDT driver is causing leaks with Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.
    Our DevID = HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C159B

Several ways to report the leak (preferabe to report to all of them)
    • On Windows 10 search for Windows Feedback in the Start Menu and submit this bug!
    Category>Hardware, Devices & Drivers>Audio,Sound, Volume> Search for Envy 17 2000 Upvote (Win Audio Device Graph Isolation report) / Create New report
    • On Windows 10 search for Support. Report to live Chat Agent

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  3. jd88ch

jd88ch Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone out there still have the guide that Bobmitch created (Hybrid RAID Array fix for HP Envy 17 / 3D / Pavillion Notebooks)? I would very much appreciate somebody could email me a copy. my e-mail: jd88ch@hotmail.com. As the link he posted is no longer working.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHHGWUL4

Thanks in advance.

4. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    He was just active in this thread not too long ago. Why don't you send him a PM?

5. VonCrisp

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. thoreaulylazy

thoreaulylazy Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had a problem with trying to wake from sleep in Windows 10? The keyboard backlight lights up and the cdrom spins up, and even the wifi led turns white, but the screen remains off. My Display drivers are up-to-date.

Someone suggested this might be related to the Intel MEI drivers, and after installing version 9.5, their problem went away. I checked my Intel Management Engine drivers, and was surprised to see they were version 7.0.0.1144 (10/19/2010). It never showed up in Windows Update for some reason, but I was able to right-click and choose "upgrade drivers", and version 11.0.0.1157 (7/7/2015) was installed automatically. (I don't know why Windows update didn't do this, especially when Windows Update had no qualms about upgrading the Radeon driver automatically.) I'm not able to install version 9.5 off Intel's website, it gives me "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software."

There's a thread on this topic here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...s-after-windows-10-update/td-p/5170030/page/3 but a lot of posters are writing about non-2xxx versions of the Envy. Mine is LM126AV (Envy 17t-2100 CTO 3D).

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Those without this problem, which driver version of Intel MEI do you use? (Device Manager -> System Devices -> Intel Management Engine Interface). And which version of Intel HD 3000 and Radeon 6800M drivers do you use?

7. VonCrisp

Reputations:
    Am using the WU AMD + Intel drivers and I have no issues.

I tried to search for new drivers for MEI .. no cigar.

8. thoreaulylazy

thoreaulylazy Newbie

Reputations:
    VonCrisp, if you don't mind, which WU driver versions of the Intel Graphics, Radeon, and Intel MEI drivers do you have installed?

I have, all WU versions:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000: ver 9.17.10.4229 (5/27/2015)
    AMD Radeon HD 6800M Series: ver 15.200.1062.1004 (8/3/2015)
    Intel MEI: ver 11.0.0.1157 (7/7/2015)

9. Bobmitch

Bobmitch Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Check your email. I sent the guide. Let me know how it goes....

Bob

10. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I miss this laptop. Cliché as it is to compare notebook designs to the MacBook Pro, this actually had its own look by today's standards. It was beautiful.