*HP ENVY 17 & 17 3D (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus2137

Marcus2137 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haha, ya, I'm running 1.0.1.4 right now.

2. bacnation

bacnation Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I think you're right, thanks for trying to help me out, also thanks to everyone else who tried to help me. I think I am going to have to return the laptop after I speak with someone so I was wondering if anyone else has sent their laptop in for repairs and how long I should expect them to take to return it.

3. HyTl11

HyTl11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Looks like Dell is running a special deal:

Get the 17.3" Alienware M17x 3D and save an extra $100 with coupon $PN4J$SW4WKGM6 at Dell. For example get this laptop with an Intel Core™ i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache), 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS), 1.5GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M, 320GB 7,200RPM HDD, 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920x1080 120Hz WLED w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle and Wireless 802.11 g/n for $2074 - $275 discount - $100 coupon = $1699.

Offer expires May 27 or 400 coupon uses, whichever comes first.

4. Bobmitch

Bobmitch Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah...one year warranty. I got my Envy for less with a four year! It's an OK deal...but at some point, you want to upgrade at least RAM and HDD.

5. Killa Joe

Killa Joe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    bacnation, if you had this laptop 21 days or less, you can return it for a full refund or exchange. Under 21 days, NEVER agree to a fix, they most likely will end up damaging the laptop one way or another.:rolleyes: Just ask for a brand new shiney Envy. :)

KJ :cool:

6. Jose Polanco

Jose Polanco Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. bacnation

bacnation Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This is sort of random but has anyone else noticed a lot of small scratches on any disk you put in your envy? (Around the outer edge)

8. mcchea

mcchea Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had The Sims Medieval in for over a month. Just checked and no scratches.

9. Marcus2137

Marcus2137 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  10. dlleno

dlleno Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Jose great to see you back! congratulations on your new Envy -- interesting things have been happening over here, esp with regards to throttling tests.

I have an HP NAS for about 5 years now, and its been flawless. sits on my wireless network and I just set up a backup job to copy stuff over. but if backup is all you need, there are ways to attach a USB drive to certain wireless routers, which I might do when the old HP gives up. good luck on your're search I'm sure the streaming capabillities today are much improved over what I have :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.