*HP ENVY 17 & 17 3D (1XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by L3vi, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj045

dj045 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had no problems with any drivers with Windows 8, then upgraded to Windows 8.1 which went okay at first, but then they started pushing more and more updates which subsequently knocked out the SD card reader and also every roughly every six months I would get a bought of constant freezing (couldn't figure out what was causing it, tried reinstalling multiple hardware drivers). Recently installed a fresh version of 8.1 and see how that goes, all generally okay so far.

2. Eurasianman

Eurasianman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wanted to give an update, seeing as I'm surprisingly still using this laptop. So, I had a second hard drive lying around that I had installed Windows 8 on since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 gave me issues. I would like to add that my Windows 7 install was the factory install from HP. Anyways, moving on. Doing a clean install of Windows 8 and using driver's from HP's website and Microsoft allowed the laptop to work just fine. All drivers were installed without issue for the laptop. I then proceeded to upgrade my Windows 8 OS/hard drive to Windows 10. Surprisingly, everything still works. All drivers are installed and working. Haven't had any issues yet.

Overall, this laptop had really surprised me on well it has been running for daily usage (read: Not PC gaming). The 6 cell battery is pretty much dead. I turned on my laptop the other day and the system booted and an HP BIOS message popped up saying that the battery was pretty much dead and needed to be replaced. I'm not surprised seeing as it has lasted me 5 years.

Anyways, this laptop does have some flaws, but nothing to stop it from being used on a daily basis. Just really wish HP would have did a little more R&D in the cooling solution for the laptop (a.k.a. one fan for the GPU and one fan for the CPU, instead of one fan for both).

3. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Intel HD1st Gen+ Radeon Mobility 5xxx /6xxxm (rebrands) users =

Looks like MS and AMD took note of the infamous "blackscreen upon running games” bug that has existed since anything newer than Catalyst 14.4.
    Recap:

- Bootloop on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Fixed with 15.7)
    - Some games show a black screen (Fixed with 15.11)
    - HDMI doesn't work (AMD acknowledged this bug in the 15.11 release notes)
    Head over to leshcatlabs and grab their modded 15.11 to get HDMI support

4. miguelenola

miguelenola Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello good morning.
    Is there any driver idt, which operate the equlizador graph for this computer in Windows 10?.
    Thanks a greeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.