HP ENVY 15-K000 2014 New model

Discussion in 'HP' started by E90dima, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patriots2001

Patriots2001 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thank you so much for the images. It looks like they shrunk the vents on both the 15 and 17 inch Envy series when you compare them to last years model. It makes me a bit nervous that it may get hot with the GTX 850M. The 850M is around 40W, but when you combine that with the CPU it may get hot. Maybe their are vents at the bottom or something. The MSI GE60 uses a small vent and the temps from reviews gets pretty warm even with the Maxwell GPU in it. I hope HP goes with the GDDR5 version, but if they go with the DDR3 version I will settle with it. Stock 850M DDR3 is similar performance to the GTX 765M but will run cooler so I will be fine with it if it's only the DDR3 version. It looks like HP has modified the touch pad in the new model compared to last years model. Hopefully HP has made improvements to the touch pad. I don't need a notebook until September so I will wait to see what the reviews say about the Screen, touch pad, temps etc before I pull the trigger on the new Envy's coming out.

Here is an image of the vent used for the Apache pro GE60
    http://www.powernotebooks.com/specs/images/MSI-GE-Apache/GE60/gallery/GE60_apache_08.jpg

2. 7words

7words Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is disappointing, looks like the Envy has just dropped down another level, now looks no different to last years 2013 pavilion overall design with a few tweaks and better processor with graphics.

Looks like the Envy design is going this way, from the true Envy it once was at the top in 2012 through design downgrades to now 2014.

Design Tier ---- Top end ------------ Mid range ----------- Low end

Was in 2012: Envy 15 (2012) --> HP dv6 (2012) --> HP g6 (2012)

Was in 2013: None (2013) --> Envy 15 (2013) --> HP pavilion (2013)

Now in 2014: None (2014) --> None (2014) --> Envy 15 (2014)

HP Pavilion 15t-n200 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Official Store

To me it just look like a low end design chassis borrowed from the 2013 pavilion, with a few hardware upgrade to make it a mid range actual spec notebook. This really does give a clear signal that HP are moving away from the market the Envy once was in. Likely a lot to do with the day and age, and possibly HP most recent CEO.

4. ChowMeow

ChowMeow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Up on the US site now for a couple of days. For some reason the 850m models must be paired with a ULV.

5. vacaloca

vacaloca Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Probably to avoid heat / overly noisy fans running too long. They have 2 15" models in the US: HP ENVY - 15t (G0T95AV) and HP ENVY - 15t Select (J3G66AV). They also have a 14" US model that's pretty much exactly the same as far as I can tell: HP ENVY - 14t (J4L59AV).

6. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Yeah exactly, the platform is not designed for TDP of both a quad core and discrete graphics. In essence, heat sink and fan can only handle a little bit of heat. Take into account the offered battery is very low on capacity. Thus why only get ULV with discrete graphics, or either a quad core with no discrete graphics.

7. capyoda

capyoda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    its REALLY crazy that there's so much difference in the 2012 Envy lineup vs now.. they really dumb the whole Envy line up when they merged the DV6/7 series with the Envy 15/17 and introduced those Spectre lineup that went no where (well the Spectre 13/14 had certain solid models)

8. capyoda

capyoda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    *dupe delete*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.