HP ENVY 15-K000 2014 New model

Discussion in 'HP' started by E90dima, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E90dima

E90dima Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. Howitzer225

Howitzer225 Death Company Dreadnought

Reputations:
    Nice find. I'm in the market for a new laptop lately, and I've been eyeing the Envy 15 for a while now. Do you think they would also come with a Radeon graphics version? I'm curious whether they'll put in an R9 M2xx inside the Envy.

3. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hope not, Nvidia 840M and 850M is new gen Maxwell, where as the R9 M2xx is just a rebrand of the 7000 and 8000 parts with aging GCN.

4. E90dima

E90dima Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I only saw NVidia.

Also the new envy will have a i7-4710HQ processor, and a blue ray drive. I saw the specs on the HP store website(out of stock of course), but it looks like its deleted now.

5. ChowMeow

ChowMeow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pretty sad that no one is hyped up about this. Hopefully it retails under 1000 with the 850m and hp will include asds on its customization page. Something to go up against the n550jk.

6. tigerm

tigerm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yup I'm pretty hyped up as well :) If this includes a optical drive then it would take the cake.

Aside from gigabyte P35G v2 (not very good looking) and asus n550, over past few months of search, I have not been able to find a single laptop thats not huge, looks good, 15" and includes bluray.

It's all about usability for me, music cds and some old movies on disc, optical drive is a must. It's pretty disappointing to see high end laptops like Dell XPS, MSI ghost pro, etc etc without optical drive. Really hoping this HP does it.

7. hquser

hquser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seams like I found its official images: HP ENVY 15-k000 Notebook-PC
    As the specs seams superb the display hing on this particular model seams literally awful due to some space between the screen and hinges.
    Other possible changes on this model includes fingerprint sensor on left side rather than on right side, some minor changes in tochpad design and they just cutted of 1 usb port so I believe it has 3 USB ports rather than 4 due to large space accumulated by optical drive. Headphone/Mic combo jack seams on right side now.
    Pricing also seams quite suitable.
    So in short terms you can call it N550JK copy except Design because of having optical drive and only single usb port followed by it same as of N550JK except combo jack.

8. E90dima

E90dima Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I bet these don't sell as well as the older ones. Design is key, and the hinge design looks bad. I know I could've designed it better!

9. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I read that these are going to be Haswell refresh e.g. i7-4710MQ. Not sure what chipset will be used, but can reused HM87 chipset with theses refresh. We pretty much know that they will be 840M and 850M.

Time this model is out for purchase, probably best to wait a bit more just a few months and pick it up with Braswell, that will more than likely have a new chipset to go with it. Possibly a die shrink Maxwell.

Trackpad looks heaps better, if glass coated will work better.

The hinge does look like it could be more sturdy hopefully, as the 2013 model is very sloppy.

10. mahill

mahill Newbie

Reputations:
    Rummaging around the HP site got some high resolution images of the new 15t-k000 and 17t-k000 laptops:

New HP Envy - Imgur

justinkw1 likes this.