*HP ENVY 15 (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Envy & HDX' started by justinkw1, Dec 19, 2011.

1. blacksun77

blacksun77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does this notebook have panel accessible fans? It's been getting a bit hotter than it should lately and I live in a pretty dusty place. I've never cleaned the fans and thought it may be time to. Is it easy to get to and clean them?

2. MattMo

MattMo Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone successfully installed Windows 10 Creators update on a 15t-3200? If so, have you gotten the switchable graphics to function? I'm getting an "installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation" which seems likely to be a graphics driver issue.

3. TechStock

TechStock Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have creators update clean install partially working on a 15t-3200. I say partially because I cannont enable the amd card without the system hanging. It hung on installation but I was able to restart(hard restart) and log in before the installation of the amd drivers. I disabled the amd gpu device in device manager so it wouldn't hang. Do you have the amd drivers installed under device manager?

4. MattMo

MattMo Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the AMD drivers installed, version 21.19.519.2 with a date of 2/10/2017
    I see that AMD has released new drivers since I last tried installing the Windows update, so I'll try those.

5. TechStock

TechStock Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you ever have problems with the and drivers freezing the laptop? I can't get drivers after 15.7.1 catalyst to install without freezes. I have manually disabled the device to keep windows from automatically installing the drivers but when a big update like creators update comes out it ignores the setting to not update drivers automatically and freezes the laptop.