HP Envy 15 32XX: LCD Panel Colors - Faded blues and green cast

Discussion in 'HP' started by pongalong, Jun 17, 2012.

?

Does your screen display colors properly?

1. Yes! Hallelujah I'm one of the lucky ones!

46.4%
  2. No, blues are faded with a green overcast.

32.1%
  3. No, reds are still orange.

17.9%
  4. No, other.

3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pongalong

pongalong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That looks pretty close to me. In my pictures, you should be able to see a pretty clear shade distinction between the Envy 15 and the other monitors.

2. pongalong

Reputations:
    I've contacted HP's service team and provided them with the URL to this thread. They were very helpful and are providing a few days extension on my return while I wait for the replacement so I won't be laptop-less.

3. pongalong

Reputations:
    It looks like my replacement is stuck in Memphis (probably customs) like some others have experienced. For those of you that did, how long did it take for it to clear?

4. 650hpAMG

650hpAMG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My blue is fine on my 2 week old machine, however my red is still leaning towards orange, but, you would only notice this if comparing to my Sony Vaio laptop and especially my friends new MBP with Retina display which still kills the Envy display-though itself good other than the %^&*&^% color.

However the Envy is a great little laptop and so far other than the orange/red issue which again is certainly not as bad as others, is a fine little machine. My reds are red, just not a DEEP red.

I still have two weeks to return to Amazon if needed. Will not send back to HP, just get a MBP if this thing does not hold up. I know 2 weeks is not much time, but that is the return window from Amazon.

Best of luck to everyone on theirs. So far very pleased with my Envy 15.

5. pongalong

Reputations:
    Another update, FedEx possibly lost my replacement laptop as it's been in Memphis for 5 days. HP is attempting to contact them for resolution which means another 2 week delay for me. Hopefully they'll get back in touch with me in the next 2 days with better news.

6. Floppy312

Floppy312 Newbie

Reputations:
    Please do let us know if your new machine solves the issue.

Anybody else who got the 3200 have anything to report on the color issue?

7. pongalong

Reputations:
    I plan to as soon as I receive it. Accidents happen and I'm trying to be patient but one month for my replacement is a bit over the top.

I saw in an other thread that you plan to use this for photo-editing and in it's current state I'd have a hard time recommending it. The shades of blue are distinguishable and your eyes would probably "adjust" to the hue difference and produce good photos, but when I compare it to my other monitors I really see a difference. Hopefully the replacement will have better sRGB colors.

Also, has anyone noticed the brightness of the display flicker? I typically notice it when watching Hulu on low brightness - I'll notice the screen brighten up for a second or two, about half or a full step up, and then go back down. Maybe the sign of a faulty panel and an explanation for the poor colors.

8. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah i have seen that too while watching videos. also when i resume from standby the colors seem washed out. it takes like 15-30 secs and then it resumes to being crisp

9. Floppy312

Floppy312 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the feedback. I am currently considering the new Dell XPS 15 as an alternative, but I read somewhere that the monitor is not as good as it was in previous models. I'm also a bit worried about the throttling issues, since I would like to do some audio recording with it too. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

10. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i forget what ur planning to do with the laptop but if it doesnt really require color perfection then the envy screen will be much better. i was also considering the xps but its too expensive for inferior hardware. it might be thinner than the envy but it weighs the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.