*HP ENVY 14 & ENVY 14 Beats (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by kangu, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnvyMinneapolis

EnvyMinneapolis Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Jon.. after considering that the slight performance edge (of PC3-12800 over PC3-10600) might be unnoticeable to me, I've decided to go with the more affordable kit so I can buy some other equipment with the cash saved.

That being the case, I just wanted to update the thread for anyone else shopping around. I'm going with a 16GB set of G-Skill, from NewEgg, for 88 bucks.

That seems like the deal of the day. And for just 10 bucks more, you can find the PC12800 as well.

See youz in the future Envy owners.:cool:

2. CorporateJon

CorporateJon Newbie

Reputations:
    That sounds like a good deal. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

3. stevewal

stevewal Newbie

Reputations:
    I need some help. My daughter managed to crack the LCD panel for my Envy 2020NR. I am having trouble finding a screen at a reasonable price. Is there a list of compatable 14.5inch panels that I can order?

Also, the trackpad is crap, I'd like to probably replace that as well.

4. ryancut

ryancut Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I recently purchased a HP ENVY 14-2166SE Beats Edition Notebook. The laptop runs great and overall I like it, however there is one big issue. The screen has what looks like a grid covering the entire screen, which seems to me is due to the pixels being too far apart from one another leaving horizontal and vertical lines thoughout the screen. It is most noticeable on white backgrounds. I was reading online and people have called this the "screen door effect" and said it was common on low quality displays. I was thinking it was due to the low 1366x768 resolution but I have an old hp dv6 that has the same resolution and the screen looks fine, much better compared to the envy. I am curious if this is normal for this display, or if I got a bad screen and should return it?

Thanks

5. gottfried

gottfried Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys!
    I'm new on this site, and i searching for some overlocking threads about Envy 14 2095-en. So this is my new laptop, and example it can't handle Far Cry 3, it's lagging on 800x600 low texture details, I think it's unbelievable, cause i saw a lot's of youtube video with this set up without lagg at least 1366*XXXX resolution min. 30FPS
    The specification of my Envy is - With CPUZ:
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (I upgrated my RAM 2x4GB of Kingston, the original set is 6GB)
    My BIOS version is Insyde F0.6, i found the switchable graphic card options, and i turned it to fix, it's a bit better.
    Can anyone write me a link, or an offer for it? I tried to find some topics about this, but i found nowhere.
    Thanks a lot.

6. LeeEnvy

LeeEnvy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, can anyone help with the above?

Im guessing the in ear option is designed for headphones?

Thanks

7. aBs0lut3z33r0

aBs0lut3z33r0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My HP Envy 14 stopped working all of a sudden . There is no charging no leds or anything . Any suggestions , common problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.