*HP ENVY 14 & ENVY 14 Beats (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by kangu, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    Is yours a Broadcom wireless card?

2. Fiorella

Fiorella Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, I have the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230, as far as I can see.. HP Envy 14-2090eo :)

3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So are you both enjoying your new Envy's? Any chance of getting a nice UNBOXING video?? I'm looking at getting the Envy 14-2160se in about 45 days, so please share your experiences....

Thanks!

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
  6. markhedder

markhedder Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey all, I just got an Envy 14 and it's a lot bigger than I anticipated out of a 14 incher -- it feels bigger than my previous 15.6 inch Gateway haha.

Anyway, my laptop apparently has a Radeon 6630 but I don't see it applied anywhere? No settings for it, just the Intel 3000. And it's not showing up in the Windows Experience Index. What's the deal?

7. wetwillycf

wetwillycf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Your machine is probably set to Dynamic Mode vs. Fixed Mode. This means it always defaults to the Intel graphics and switches on demand to the Radeon if you're running an application which needs that kind of HP.

If you want it to run on one or the other and switch only when unplugged, go into the BIOS and switch it to Fixed Mode. Press Esc on bootup (right after you power on) and go to the 2nd to last menu to find this option. After you change it, check out the Configure Switchable Graphics menu on your desktop/in Catalyst Control Center. I'd also recommend re-running Windows Experience Index (though it's use as a benchmark is nothing more than the most basic of comparisons).

8. krillin

krillin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My friend has a first gen envy 14 and asked me a question...This may sound silly, but does anyone know where the windows license sticker is? I've only seen it briefly but I don't recall seeing it any place on the outer body. Thanks!

9. Somnio

Somnio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was asking this myself. Its under the battery, a nice place if you think what happens to stickers placed on the outer chassis ;)

10. touchtoplay

touchtoplay Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys. So I just got a 2160SE and I was wondering what are some precautions I should take to preserve the life of this beautiful thing. I've read some of you have sent yours in for repairs which scares me. Right now I have the newest BIOS and have it configured to fixed graphics instead of dynamic. I game every now and then but use the power-saving GPU when I'm not.

I do hear the fan running quite audibly every now and then which worries me.