*HP ENVY 14 & ENVY 14 Beats (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by kangu, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lddrew

lddrew Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just checking in over here. I would like to second lancerevox's request about screen optimization. It is pretty good as of now, but wondering if it can be perfected.

So far loving this machine. It is world's faster than my old centrino duo compaq. I love HP, and the build quality of this one is outstanding. Just did reil's on mine, and loving the clickpad even more now.

2. Fiorella

Fiorella Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hmmm, over the last few days I've experienced a very strange issue with my SB Envy 14.. :confused:
    The thing is that when I'm running on battery, I can't get online (on wireless) and the error is reported as a failure in standard gateway (DHCP server). No matter how many times I try to repair it, it just won't work. Windows even went as far as saying that the computer is correctly configured, and will continue to try to connect to the DHCP server (DHCP error code 1001). I have also tried the Intel Protools Wireless program, and when I run the diagnostics there, I either get a scan failure or the standard gateway failure.
    BUT, and this is where it gets interesting: once the laptop is charging/connected to the power cable, the wireless internet problem disappears :eek: . After days of being annoyed and pissed off, I realized that the only times I have internet is when I am connected to the power plug. Last night I took the power cable out for just a minute or two, and the internet connection was lost almost immediately.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Envy? And is there any way to fix it? :confused:

3. lddrew

lddrew Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my advice would be to uninstall and reinstall the driver, an updated version if possible. I have not heard of that issue. Hope you can get it figured out

4. Fiorella

Fiorella Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah I have tried that.. but it does not seem to help. Hmm.. :confused:

5. stonesn

stonesn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  6. computerwiz908

computerwiz908 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's sad but probably true. I like 14" laptops much better than I do 15" laptops.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

7. Somnio

Somnio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thats sad.
    I purchased the Envy 14" because other companies don't pay enough attention to their < 15" models: screens are usually awful, no options to upgrade and crappy performance. I remember comparing Dell´s precision 14" vs 15" notebooks, wondering why they behave like a totally different notebook line. No wonder why Apple is stomping with the new Airs.

PD: Inspiron 14z vs 15z, the same history.

8. stonesn

stonesn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys, I have no idea what to buy this coming year for college. I need a laptop like the envy 14 but with ivy bridge. Unfortunately, unless by a miracle HP is building a envy 13 or envy 14 , no other laptop looks good. Don't even get me started about a macbook. The xps 14z? looks really ugly. Lenovos are too expensive. the envy is the perfect price.

9. computerwiz908

computerwiz908 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you want an Ivy Bridge laptop, then I would recommend waiting until Ivy Bridge comes out on production laptops (probably starting in March 2012) to see which options are available. :)

10. capflya

capflya Newbie

Reputations:
    First post for me... just recently got my envy beats edition custom config and have one question about adding the mSATA SSD to my laptop.

I read several pages back where the part numbers were listed and the service manual linked about adding the mSATA SSD but I haven't seen it as confirmed possible anywhere, and maybe it hasn't been yet.

I added the two part numbers listed to the cart on the hp parts surfer page and this is what I can see:

654171-001 In stock
    SIM CARD BOARD WITH CABLE 83.60
    661706-001 In stock
    SIM CARD BOARD WITH CABLE WITHOUT MSATA 75.05

I would guess to add the mSATA you need the first one, part # 654171-001. Just wanted to confirm if anybody has done this and that it worked. I didn't see anybody with the mSATA list their mobo part # just people who had the single drive config.

Just looking for some more info that would point to this being a possibility before I spend some money on parts. I'm probably going to order the board part and install it then wait for a good deal on an mSATA drive.

If I missed where this was confirmed I apologize. I read through the last 40 or so pages but I may have missed that information haha.

Thanks in advance!

-David

My Laptop:
    Envy 14-2000 CTO Beats Edition
    i7-2670QM CPU