*HP ENVY 14 & ENVY 14 Beats (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by kangu, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kangu

kangu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Sirobin

Sirobin Newbie

Reputations:
    OH MY GOD YES.

I mean...nothing mind blowing, and almost certainly no radiance...but at least we finally have a release date.

3. pez319

pez319 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pretty much what I expected. They definitely lost touch of what the envy is supposed to be IMHO. Unless this thing gets a realistic 6hrs of battery and the trackpad is much improved I would get the discounted current gen envy.

4. Mike415

Mike415 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Agreed completely. Plus lose my Radiance?!

They do mention "an improved touch experience" so hopefully they did something with the clickpad.

5. schismal

schismal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If the only change was to throw in SB, add a blue USB port, and play with the touchpad drivers, I have no idea why we're waiting until June for this refresh.

This machine needs either (1) a high-res screen option, or (2) hardware upgrades on the Clickpad front. Including one might save this generation, but lacking both would be a disaster. Sadly, I'm betting on "disaster."

6. BoxcarSpawn

BoxcarSpawn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I wonder if SATA III will be supported. That's really the only reason I was waiting. I have a Sandy Bridge 17" for any heavy lifting I need the processor to do.

7. jimmyrock88

jimmyrock88 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does this means they will discontinue beats edition? It does say that it offers "Beats Audio for fuller, more detailed sound."
    Also does this mean that the older versions will get huge discounts or would they just discontinue it after june 15th?

8. chocolatedonut

chocolatedonut Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually the article does say that the touchpad will now use optical sensors to analyze multitouch gestures, so there are indeed improvements on the hardware front. Hopefully there will be some tangible benefits to these improvements.

9. pez319

pez319 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hopefully they'll use the same connectors and attachments as the current clickpad so we might be able to swap ours out for the improved one.

10. koflok

koflok Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope they implement a better trackpad with good multitouch features. That would at least half-compensate the unavailability of Radiance display.

If this 'trackpad that uses optical sensors to analyze your multitouch gestures' sucks then, no update for me.

Any news regarding the BEATS edition as well? Are they just updating the HP envy regular? Or would the BEATS come later like in September as they did the last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.