*HP ENVY 14 & ENVY 14 Beats (1XXX series) Owners Lounge, Part III*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duvallite

duvallite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Checking in for the 1st time in what seems like forever. Actually had kind of forgotten about this site. Using my Envy 14 to type this, and still use it a couple of times a week just for typical web stuff, though I'm mainly a desktop guy. Mine is still stock and has been a great machine, and the only problem I've had is 3 small dust specks under the screen that are only noticeable on light backgrounds, but no big deal. That being said, I upgraded to W10 right before the deadline, and am still evaluating it. At first, the touchpad was horrible, skipping and not registering, especially when scrolling. Also, the boot process would hang up on a blank dark blue screen, but by powering off and starting it again, it would then boot completely, but slowly. But as of a couple of days ago, these issues have seemed to somehow resolved themselves for now. The fans seem to come on a little more frequently than I remember. Everything else that I routinely use works okay. Still, I'm going to wait until I'm close to the 30 day limit and decide then if I want to go back to W7 or not. Either way, I will probably put in a SSD I have and maybe upgrade the ram if it's not too much $. It's been an awesome laptop, and I still love this screen, especially for viewing my photos.

2. duvallite

Reputations:
    deleted

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. duvallite

Reputations:
    deleted

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. duvallite