*HP ENVY 14 & Envy 14 Beats (1XXX series) Owners Lounge, Part Deux*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghong

ghong Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone have any recommendations on a good sleeve for the envy?

2. kangu

kangu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, so I am a complete noob with updating drivers for graphics cards...but I decided to uninstall my ATI CCC to update it with the new drivers from the drivers forum....but now when i try to install it again i get a message that tell me "Installation complete. (Some warnings have occured)" or something of that sort...i have no idea what i did wrong, i tried installing it various ways, even uninstalling C++ and the ATI installer. can someone help me? Before i was able to right click and see something like "configure graphics" but now i just see the normal right-click menu.

3. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Uhhh...no. I waited long enough and was patient. Let's see:

- CPU whine
    - underperforming 5650
    - weak battery life
    - numerous build quality issues
    etc.

I'm glad I didn't buy this because I probably would have regretted it. But I'm sincere when I say I hope everyone has a positive experience with their laptops. It just wasn't for me.

HP put an embargo on reviews for a reason - so that the first wave of anxious consumers wouldn't hesitate. After the fact people are finding out the 5650 is low-spec and whatnot.

It's similar to when a movie studio puts an embargo on reviews before the release date to avoid bad word of mouth. I'm not saying the Envy 14 is a bad laptop, but HP clearly had concerns large enough to warrant a review embargo.

4. Mike415

Mike415 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont know speifically, but make sue youre plugged in first. Then go to uninstall and remove the ATI stuff. Restart and then reinstall. Hopefully that works. Which installer are you using?

5. Sdawg36

Sdawg36 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it supposed to take a few minutes to load the choose language screen on a clean install, been about 5 minutes since it loaded stuff into memory and showed the starting windows splash? It's an official Win 7 Ultimate disc from the launch party thing, so the image should be good.

6. Mike415

Mike415 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Youre the second to mention this. Could Quickweb be the issue? just throwing out ideas. My clean install went fine, but Quickweb was disabled in BIOS

7. Sdawg36

Reputations:
    Hmm, maybe I'll disable quick web and see if that will help, thanks for the suggestion.

8. kangu

kangu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    im using the newest one from the drivers page for envy 14.
    i tried that alreasy =/

9. Sdawg36

Reputations:
    Well, disabling quick web didn't help, I may just download an iso of the disc and make my own, maybe mine was a bad press or something. Need to wait a while though, the fans were full speed most of the time so the right side and back of the computer are getting pretty warm.

10. edman688

edman688 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I just did a clean install of my Envy 14 and am running into an issue while installing the RealTek Ethernet Controller Driver.

I used the auto installer from this link:
    Realtek

Near the end of the installation, I'm getting an error saying:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found.
    If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled, please plug the cable."

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

When I open my device manager, I'm seeing an "unknown device" immediately under "network adapters."

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.