*HP EliteBook 8760w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by wkuballa, May 24, 2011.

1. bobmook

bobmook Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had really good luck with the K5100m. This about the fastest Nvidia card this laptop will accept which MacOS supports (At least through Catalina) and the good news is, even after all these years it's *still* nearly as good (And actually better in some benchmarks)as the Radeon Pro 5300m they are putting in the 16 inch macbooks now. Get one with a Dell or Clevo Vbios and the install is pretty simple aside from the usual Windows 10 driver inf modding. I had to back off to a 392.xx version of the Nvidia driver to get one to install. MacOS picks the card right up natively...... (Edit - I forgot to note I'm using the K5100m in an 8770w but the two noebooks are so similar *and* I've used the K4000m in an 8760w which I've since sold....I have no doubts at all it will work fine in an 8760w)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. flamebox

flamebox Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks found one on Amazon, and orderd it seller says it should be just plug and play. Many Thanks

3. nowifirange

nowifirange Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, can I use a quadro m1000m with the amd heatsink? Im going to buy a 8770w/8760w probably the 8770w

4. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which heatsink? There are two versions - for MXM-A and MXM-B GPUs.

nowifirange likes this.
  5. nowifirange

nowifirange Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Mirage, for MXM-A part number 688733-001, on the service manual it says for Amd but I dont know if this would work on nvidia gpu quadro m1000m.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, it should work with m1000m. At worst you will have to grind a bit of the heatsink's underside to adjust the surface to match the GPUs elements, but I doubt it is going to be needed...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    nowifirange likes this.
  7. Troens

Troens Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good evening everyone. I need help! I am looking for where to buy a cable from a decoder to a matrix DС2
    Found 2 sellers on taobao, but they don't have a cable. Please help me find sellers who have a cable. :(
    [​IMG]

8. flamebox

flamebox Newbie

Reputations:
    oops

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  9. flamebox

flamebox Newbie

Reputations:
    Would love to have your EFI ?
    all fitted works fine , only my hackintosh is not, was working before, can't figure it out do you have any advice, or could give some guidance to get High sierra with cuda working, ....wierd it was all working fine with my 5010m. Thanks

10. faceman11

faceman11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. I am tying to mod my nvblwi.inf... what/where are the three lines I need to change?

Thx,