*HP EliteBook 8760w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by wkuballa, May 24, 2011.

1. metroman789

metroman789 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So you can use any driver with only newer vbios or both?
    I'm thinking maybe it's my laptops bios version thats the problem. I had one from 2012 then I updated to the latest 2019 version before I installed card. Too bad this laptop won't let me flash back to older versions so I can check.

Which bios version/year rev on your laptop?

2. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I had m5000m (I am using 8770 with 1070 now) both vbioses allowed me to install and use any driver I wanted.
    My system bios is the latest one from 2019 - F.71.

3. metroman789

metroman789 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah that weird I'm using the same bios.
    I got the idea to try that driver gaming driver from a guy on this thread who also said he had driver issues with the M5000m and the 8770w.
    So it's not just me idk.. Anyways I decided to just live with it for now. I got another 8770w coming I might swap the card in there see if it makes a difference.

Also that's cool I didn't know the 8770w supported newer cards like the 1070. How you do it? Is it a straight swap with the gpu heatsink?
    I'm thinking about trying a P3000m when I get some cash later or when prices drop a bit.

4. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yup, straight swap, no need of heatsink modding. You only need to be with DreamColor screen to get Pascal gpus working on 8770W.