*HP EliteBook 8760w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by wkuballa, May 24, 2011.

1. mirage_bg

mirage_bg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I read somewhere here that K-series GPU on 8760w is just on the contrary - vBios from Dell works fine, where the one for HP gives black screen. Go figure...
    Normally Dell’s vBios works without problems on HP 8760/8770W

2. Taraskis

Taraskis Newbie

Reputations:
    Does this mean that I may not have to update vbios? Or should it be done anyway?

3. mirage_bg

Reputations:
    Just try it with the stock vBios from HP and if it doesn’t recognize it, flash it with one from Dell.

4. Troens

Troens Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi mirage_bg. I have a question for you. In the old comments on this forum, you wrote that you had a black screen problem when downloading win,a black screen occurs. You had then hp8760w and gtx 980m. I have Hp 8760w and gtx 970m and i have the same problem. I just found that in the BIOS call, after a couple of seconds, the black screen turns off. This is how my photo looks like a problem. How did you solve the problem?[​IMG]

5. Troens

Troens Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In general, it seems that the north bridge has been covered. Put quadro 3000m. The display also turns off, but when I turn off the laptop in sleep mode and turn it on, wave-like colored stripes will begin to appear on the screen.... [​IMG]

6. mirage_bg

Reputations:
    I don’t really understand your particular problem as you describe it, but basically I resolve it by installing Win 10 in UEFI mode.
    Turn fast boot off and don’t use sleep mode.
    That’s it. And use nVidia driver version 388.x
    I don’t really understand your second post.
    Basically stripes on the screen indicate GPU problem.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  7. Bbv66wuw

Bbv66wuw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! Just bought a M5000M GPU for my 8770W Non-Dreamcolor, upgrading from Firepro M4000, I changed the heatsink, I swapped the GPU, turning on the laptop, I get some LED`s on... but nothing on the screen, not even booting into BIOS, I have a docking station, connected at 2 other monitors, nothing on either one... please help!

8. mirage_bg

Reputations:
    Make a photo of the GPU, please.
    Which brand did you buy - Dell, HP?
    Which version of vBios is preloaded on the GPU?
    Did you use the standard X-Bracket of your M4000? Did you put the right thickness of the thermal pads?
    Make a photo of the graphic card without heatsink, as it is mounted on the mainboard.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. Bbv66wuw

Bbv66wuw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Title says "N16E-Q5-A1 HP ZBook Dell 7710 M6800 Nvidia Quadro M5000M 8GB GDDR5 Video Card" in the listing under the Brand syas "Dell" . I am using the GPU`s X-Bracket that it came with it already mounted on. I used the right thickness of the thermal pads and Kryonaut Thermal Paste as well.

Meanwhile, I swapped back the GPU`s, since I only have this PC as my daily driver PC. But here are some pictures with the GPU... s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

10. mirage_bg

Reputations:
    Don’t use the bracket which the card came equipped with, use the original one of your previous M4000.
    If the screen doesn’t show anything , this means either incompatible vbios or faulty card.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019