*HP EliteBook 8760w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by wkuballa, May 24, 2011.

1. manjo

manjo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    WOW,
    ok, 1 is on the other side so the last one is NC (thanks for that), but it seams that my cable is really messedup :-(
    i'll try to rearange the pins the way you wrote... I hope it works

thanks

2. manjo

manjo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Wire colors on the BCM module are consistent on both modules/wires that I have.
    On the connector/motherboard side each connector tells the different story :-(

3. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Both have the same pinout on the motherboard, maybe the module is the one with the different pinout.

4. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What temp does the Gtx 980m run at on the Hp Elitebook 8760w with MX 4 thermal paste, or ICD 7? Also, Should I update my BIOS all the way before upgrading?

5. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Off Topic, Instead of getting a GTX 980m what if I get a 1060mxm has anyone tried that before?

6. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    As I said before - no LVDS and so far it's not working with the 8740w's DC (eDP) either. So 1060 is off the list, but feel free to test it out @RMSMajestic is selling his.

I'm not sure, I think there's more info on the matter a few pages back.

7. RMSMajestic

RMSMajestic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    8760w is not pure UEFI and you cannot turn off the CSM support, which is a big problem with those UEFI cards. I tried to remove the GOP part myself and did managed to get the offical nvidia tool to detect it as UEFI not enabled, yet still no luck on 8740w.

on AMD cards, might have luck if I know what the GOP is like and also how to fix the checksum for the new polaris cards

8. TheKillerTacos

TheKillerTacos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    how do you modify the driver to avoid the black screen? (Laptop Screen has no video but VGA does) I really need help

9. metroman789

metroman789 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ive noticed an annoying issue with my laptop (Hp Elitebook 8760w). every time my cord gets un plugged and plugged back in the performance of the system seems a bit sluggish, for instance if I am playing fallout 4 when it happens my fps goes from 20-40fps down to 15fps. It's very annoying, and each time it happens I have to reboot. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I assume it's related to when the CPU, and, or GPU throttles, Not sure though, I could always check the frequency of the CPU and GPU when it happens. My GPU is a Firepro M5950 (Overclocked to 864 Mhz, or thereabout Via MSI Afterburner) and the CPU is a Intel Core i7 2760qm (Not Overclocked, nor do I even reccomend Overclocking this CPU as it runs pretty hot).

*Correction done to "Throttle" and all parents of that word.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017