*HP EliteBook 8760w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by wkuballa, May 24, 2011.

1. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Nope, it just came-up a few days ago, a few Chinese are trying it out in different machines, but no luck so far. I guess the way our DreamColor is wired and how our machines omit Enduro/Optimus while with DC, this GPU should work, but we'll never know till someone tries. I'm a bit hesitant to shop from TaoBao, otherwise I would've tried.

2. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So i got a Hp EliteBook 8760w from ebay, I got it and they havent cleaned it so i cleaned it out and repasted it, but then when i was repasting the cpu the thermal paste had came out too fast and theres too much thermal paste on the laptop I have a I7 2760qm and its getting upto 180F when it has a load on it is this normal, or should i repaste the cpu with less thermalpaste?

3. triturbo

Reputations:
    Seems fine if you ask me. There was a post in another forum, where a guy literary put a whole syringe of paste on the CPU, the difference was in the margin of error compared to a perfect application.

4. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried the Gtx 965m with the HP Elitebook 8760w with the heatsink solution for the Fire Pro M5950? If so is it possible that i can have your drivers, or how do i find the HP values for the gtx 965m. and how do i flash a video bios for it? Do you have to flash the vbios on a diffrent laptop, or can you do it on the same laptop you are going to use the gfx card on? I seen that someone put a gtx 965m in the HP Elitebook 8560w. As seen here:

5. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright, I see that the values are in the videos and it appears that he flashes it from the laptop itself. But what I don't know is how many lines of text (Values) i have to put into the nvbil.ini file. By examing other files I see that it's only in there one time, But im not sure as im a noob when it comes to understanding how ini files work as in editing it, I do have some experence with yml files cause of my Minecraft Server.

6. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, It does look like a pretty sketchy website lol. Iv'e noticed how hard it is to find mxm graphics cards, It's like no one sells them. It's ether a shady seller such as 'TaoBao', or some guy off of ebay lol.

7. triturbo

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's the way MXMs go. You can't find them in your local hardware store.

8. vecinu95

vecinu95 Newbie

Reputations:
    I posted on wrong topic, sorry

9. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello guys, and gals. Iv'e been doing research on the on the nvidia driver ini edits and im having some problems with finding a ID for where the '????' is I don't know where to find this number but for the most part I figured it out, Heres what i got so far for the Nvidia driver file for the Hp Elitebook 8760w: NVIDIA_DEV.????.1630.103C I know that 1630 is for this laptop model, and that 103c is HP, But I have no clue where to find the part where the ????'s are, If you can help me with this I'd be glad to post my results on how i will get a GTX 780m to work in my laptop (HP Elitebook 8760W)

10. pipkata

pipkata Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how you do it, but let me tell you how I do it and works every time (780m on 8740w including). Open your Device Manager and check the Hardware IDs. For example 8740w with K3000m results in PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11BE&SUBSYS_1520103C where 1520 is for 8740w and 103C for HP (you already know that, but for someone who doesn't). Now search in the ini files for 10DE&DEV_11BE (again, example, yours would be different) and edit everything behind it, at every occurrence in every ini that has it, with your data - &SUBSYS_1520103C, or just 1520103C. Don't forget to save. It should install now.