*HP EliteBook 8740w Owners Lounge - PART 1*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by SecretAsianMan, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Goodness the wait is nerve wracking and I'm just waiting for one of you to get a DC2 to break it down head to toe...

Fighting off the open requisition for a M6500 to replace my M6400 while waiting ugh....

2. NotebookGrail

NotebookGrail Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmmm...Guess, mine is already being torn down from Head to Toe by the folks in Anchorage.

3. HiddenUser

HiddenUser Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, in the Quick Specs, currently version 7, released on June 25 (link to pdf). On page 6 it's claimed that:
    @Burgerlim: So I recommend you talk to a rep before making your order.

4. CrunchDude

CrunchDude Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The "Clearance delay" does not necessarily mean a problem. I had three ThinkPad W700's coming through Alaska by way of Shanghai last year and they all had that status. That was Lenovo, though, and UPS if I remember correctly.

Just because they're going through AK also does not mean that you're going to get your package later,if you live on the east coast or in the midwest, vs. someone in California. Again, using Lenovo as an example, after they came through AK, they all went to a central facility in Kentucky, and subsequently on trucks to be delivered throughout the U.S.

This is exciting! :D And I'm not even getting one yet. lol...

5. Burgerlim

Burgerlim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wow.. many ordered in 840QM, may i know whats the price and performance different in this to my quoted 820QM?

6. Burgerlim

Burgerlim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks there, yes talked to "them" but they are just marketing ppl here in sg.. dunno much.. it was me pointed that out to them too.. and changing specs vs $ discount is very troublesome.. everytime quote and requote.. since standard configuration dont offer what i wanted and its very ex.. too due to customization.

7. NotebookGrail

NotebookGrail Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    $50 price difference. Aniticipated performance is close to a 920XM but with less power consumption as 820QM. Browse thru a couple of pages back, there was a link to a review of the new processors.

Edit:Here is the link

8. Burgerlim

Burgerlim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Delete* double post.
    mod please delete this. Thanks.

9. Burgerlim

Burgerlim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks! hmmm i have just been given some very minor disc.. but got to stick with 820QM is that worth it?

10. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey All. I got an email from NotebookGrail to the effect that I need to revisit this thread and finish what I started. So here I am. If I read the previous few pages correctly, it looks like m8o is about to be the first member of the general public to take delivery of a DC2-equipped unit. It's great to see that there has been some real progress.

I'll be skimming the last 100 or so pages, and will update the first posts to reflect the current status.

Meanwhile, I'm not an owner, and might not ever be. If an actual owner wants to volunteer to edit the first posts, I'm all for it. Once the DC2 is in our hands, and we finally have definitive answers to the many questions about it, it might in fact be a good time to start a fresh thread close this one. Until that happens, I'll keep this one updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.