*HP EliteBook 8560w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by bkleven, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schoko

schoko Custom User Title

Reputations:
    Guys, it seems HP is finally having the backlit keyboard for the 8560w available !!
    At least the german version of the backlit keyboard can now be ordered in the HP parts store.

Those of you interested in buying a blacklit keyboard should check if the other language versions are also available.

2. mtman

mtman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello. It is me again. I have tested all four kingston 1600MHz ram modules one by one in may hp 8560w and they all runs at 1333 insted od 1600MHz. My laptop is : hp 8560w, 2820qm, 128GB Kingston SSD, 16GB Kingston 1600MHz ram (4x4G). I searched obout that ram and it says it must be at 1,5V and they are, but frequency is 667Mhz(1333 in dual) and 8-8-8-23. What should I do to run tis rams at 1600MHz. I know there is no such difference in performance, but I'm just not satisfied with that.
    Thanks in advanced.

3. zaanton

zaanton Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think that RAM frequency is blocked in BIOS. So until new BIOS will be released there is no chance to run it more than 1333Mhz.

4. Matias

Matias Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm planning on contacting HP to replace several things on my unit.

-My power cable disconnect quite easy, the plug on my unit gives a bad connection half of the time. The power cable is no longer firmly in place in the plug, it's almost as wobbly as a joystick.

-When my unit is closed, there is a 1mm gap between the body and the screen.

-My dreamcolor display has a slight greenish tint in the left corner, and back light bleeding on the top of the screen. I know that there were other threads with people having the same issues, but I can't find those back. Any help here?

And yes, it appears that the backlit keyboards from different regions are finally making it to the partlists!

5. mtman

mtman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey. I upgrade my bios to version F.22 wich was relised in 5.jan.2012 and there are still no option avalible to set or configure some settings about ram or procesor speed. I wonder why hp locked all that settings in their one of best laptops. Shame on HP.

6. schoko

schoko Custom User Title

Reputations:
    Received my backlit keyboard today!!

Beautiful ! That´s all i can say. :p :p :p

Installing the keyboard was quite easy. All you have to look out for is how the cables are put into the zif-connector.

To see how it´s done right i can give you the advice to watch the repair videos over at hp :
    Customer Self-Repair Steps (videos/animations) - HP Business Support Center

there is a keyboard replacement video that shows how you insert the cables correctly into the zif-conectors.

7. blomquist

blomquist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    damn, the 8760w uses a different keyboard?? the ordering numbers are at least different. the backlight one for the 8760w is still not available...

@schoko: woul'd you be so nice and take a photo of the keyboard, the one without backlight will be sufficient to see where the differences are.

8. schoko

schoko Custom User Title

Reputations:
    sure. i can do that.

please don´t mind the bad quality of the pictures. the picures were shot with a mobilephone cam. the bad pictures i took don´t do the keyboard justice.

As soon as the keyboard is lit it look great.

here´s the lit keyboard :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as soon as the keyboard isn´t lit it look like the standard keyboard :

[​IMG]

9. blomquist

blomquist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you very much schoko... unfortunately my question was very unprecise, I meant the underside of the keyboard to see if there are any differences between 7860w and 8560w... but not that important...

€117 ist mir dann doch ein bißchen zu teuer ;)

10. hbootz

hbootz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hm - I´ll ask purchasing if they´ll order me one.
    not having a light is actually really going on my nerves :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.