*HP EliteBook 8560w Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by bkleven, May 25, 2011.

1. bkleven

bkleven Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I plan to order the XU083UT#ABA from CostCentral.com when it comes into stock. It's pretty much exactly what I need (which is great since CTO with HP is awfully pricey). I'm not in super urgent need and free shipping, no tax, plus $200 off versus the HP online store makes a lot of sense to my financial manager/spouse. :)

QuickSpecs:
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13995_div/13995_div.HTML

Maintenance and Service Guide:
    http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02844491/c02844491.pdf

2. daskog

daskog Newbie

Reputations:
    Think i am going to jump on this one to, the design is starting to look really good for me. The more i look at it the more i love it, & then we have all the cool features =)

With Dreamcolor display id say it's the most awesome laptop out there, go HP =)

3. dsrini9000

dsrini9000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    finally HP starts selling a preconfig with backlit kb, ATI card, quad core and dream color...$2199 at HP, don't know how much I'd save at cost central though...

4. SpikeyBryan

SpikeyBryan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am also buying the XU083UT#ABA from CostCentral!

If I purchase one while it's out of stock, does that mean they'll just send me it when it is in stock? Or do I have to wait for it to be in stock?

I'm planning on buying a compatible hard drive caddy and an SSD. I'll use the SSD as my primary drive and the 500gb 7200rpm one it comes with in the caddy. fdbkjlnsldkjb

5. wii

wii IPS Rules

Reputations:
    I plan on a 8560w with Dreamcolor too, I will order when it's available in June.

6. Out of the Maelstrom

Out of the Maelstrom Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

That storage set-up is what I'm aiming toward. DreamColor and the i7 2729QM, Quadro 1000 and 8 GB of RAM (some purchased 3rd party).
    Got a quote from the HP Chat Line for $2600, with no SSD, 4 GB of RAM, but w the 2720, the Quadro 1000 and DreamColor. Didn't ask about delivery date, though. Would love to see a comparison between the latest DreamColor and the Precision's PremierColor IPS, though. If the Thinkpad W520's FHD can be included, all the better.

7. dsrini9000

Reputations:
    do you need Nvidia performance @Out of the Maelstrom? because you can save a couple hundred just by switching to a Firepro with better memory (GDDR5 vs DDR3...) and more power (see notebookcheck for details...)

8. Out of the Maelstrom

Out of the Maelstrom Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I've been debating that question in my own head. I'd like to see some comparisons on these two video cards/GPUs. The Chat Guy said the nVidia was a "superior" card. I know it costs more. The ATI has only 1 GB of memory vs 2 GB for the nVid, though it is GDDR5. What do you mean by "more power", dsrini9000?

9. dsrini9000

Reputations:
    I meant in gaming situations the Firepro consistently scores better (unless its a TWIMTBP game...) than the Quadro 1000m, not so sure about the 2000M though...actually, it should be close in performance, maybe a little slower, to the M7820 of last generation...

10. ktbpylon

ktbpylon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    According to notebookcheck.com, the ATI card ranks four spots higher than the 2000m, which sort of means they're quite close in terms of gaming. I believe that, in regards to actual workstation stuff (especially programs that use Nvidia tech specifically), the Nvidia cards are considered "superior".

That probably didn't help at all :)