HP Elitebook 8560p Won't Shutdown

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by DrOscillator, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Suxu

Suxu Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you!!!!!!
    As some people in this thread already said, I signed up for saying many thanks to Centaurian.
    I had same problem with my caddy on Dell Inspiron n4110 and this solution works perfectly. xD
    All credits goes to Centaurian. <3

2. saifi369

saifi369 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello. I'm new to this site. Can you tell me which caddy to buy for my Sony VAIO VPCCA15FA. Thanks

3. Techromancer2013

Techromancer2013 Newbie

Reputations:
    As others, I signed up just to say "Thank you for this information!"

I actually ran across a link to this post on another Web site; however, this post contained much more technical information than the other (which was just a "here's where I found this out").

Thank you, Centaurian for the original fix and technical info...and thank you, ilyutza for finding the switch option, which mine had (although in black instead of white).

4. bullcods

bullcods Newbie

Reputations:
    nice solution. however I found that my caddy had a tiny switch on the side(close to the connector), when switched the computer works properly again.

5. schdragga

schdragga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With my new Neuftech caddy it took 1-2 minutes before my 2560p totally shut down. When I disactivated fast boot in bios (bios mode, not uefi) and in windows 10, it now takes max 5 seconds after the display has got black (dip switch of the caddy set to hp)

6. schdragga

schdragga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My Neuftech 2nd 2.5'' HDD SSD Caddy has got a dip-switch for Sony. However no guarantee, that this one works with your Sony laptop. But it's a pretty solid caddy.

7. msg90

msg90 Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings,
    I found this thread googling around to troubleshoot my problem with high CPU usage while a DVD to HDD adapter is plugged into my ASUS ROG laptop. I found out from here, that I am supposed to cut a pin in SATA connector, so I took the cover off my adapter ready to do it. I found a switch, suspiciously close to that PIN, and when I look under magnifying glass it appears that one of the switch connectors is linked to that SATA diagnostic PIN I was supposed to cut. So I just threw the switch and all problems gone! This adapter is made by Akasa, I bought it at our local store, but they seem to have figured these problems out. The switch has 3 positions, so I think it will work on many machines, depending on that configuration. Moreover, it turns out, you don't even have to take the cover off the adapter, the switch sticks out next to where the HDD is supposed to be, it's just very tiny you wouldn't notice it, unless you know it's there.

In the meantime I have bought second caddy, thinking the first one is defective. They both are not. Furthermore, they both have the switch (the second, cheaper one has it only with 2 positions, on the corner of the case, sticking out to the left, not inside the casing).

PS. Sorry, I don't know how to shrink that image.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  8. stefan tamas

stefan tamas Newbie

Reputations:
    THANK YOU GUYS! I have already spent long days to solve that problem and I foud this topic and it WORKS! So 5 stars, honor and respect!

9. Brasco

Brasco Newbie

Reputations:
    My Problem SOLVED

Notebook - HP Zbook 15 (G1)
    Upgrade bay (in optical drive slot) - Akasa N.Stor (AK-OA2SSA-NKV2) - Mounting SSD kingston 256gb

I had same problem with restartng/truningoff system. This solution is 100% working. I expect this solution to apply to all other models of all brands.
    The surprise to me was that the reduction actually has a built-in switch for breaking the bad pin.

HUGE THAKS !!! All of you. !!!