*HP EliteBook 8460p Owners Lounge!*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by uprisingpure, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I've seen lots of those. That is a bad panel.
    Luckily it is easy to replace yourself. Unfortunately selection of good 14" panels is non-existent.

2. rados_dubna

rados_dubna Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem, I can't find replacements for the damaged rubber feets! Can You suggest if there are some other models with compatible feets?

Thanks.

3. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Service manual, page 43:
    Rubber Kit (includes rubber feet and rubber screw covers)
    For use with model 8460p/w 642768-001

and a google search with that part number gives, for example:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-642768-001-Rubber-kit-enclosure/dp/B006JXI76Q
    http://www.techpartswarehouse.com/product/HP-642768-001-HP-8460P-8460W-Rubber-Kit-32611.cfm
    http://www.mk-electronic.de/eng/items/show/642768-001N
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/642768-001-HP-SPS-RUBBER-KIT-8460p-8460w-/231527143672

Few of the links around the world, if they don't work for you there is probably more. Or ask your local computer parts store to look for that part number.

4. rados_dubna

rados_dubna Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. Then a curiosity question to avoid trowing money on the wind. I had looked into that part number too and that is my doubt, if You follow any of the given links You will actually see the screws covers but not a single notion/foto of the rubber feets:(. It is just the way the fotos are made or there is some inconsistency? Have anyone ordered that kit?

5. peteroaknyc

peteroaknyc Newbie

Reputations:
    it might be the cable on the lcd which connects the lcd to the motherboard or some gpu problems

6. peteroaknyc

peteroaknyc Newbie

Reputations:
    I had similar problem.So try to start it with the key, that starts the browser, the middle one on the upper right corner.If it works, you could try to update your bios and it might fix the problem.After the update i don't have any problem like this.

7. eliastfk

eliastfk Newbie

Reputations:
    Im glad I found a place for support if need be! Im in love with my 8460p. It's everything and more I could ask for in an everyday PC. Im an engineering student, so the portability and robustness of this laptop is awesome. Im running windows 10, an i7 2620m, 8gb ram and I recently upgraded to a 500gb hybrid drive. As far as performance per $ the hybrid drive was the best mod ive done thus far on my machine.

8. sly1005

sly1005 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought this 8460p like 7 days ago, I have been really happy with it so far :) I needed some more portable laptop than my previous ProBook 6570b :) I put SSD Crucisl M550 and it is really fast. The only thing that doesn't work is the night light.

9. leromarinvit

leromarinvit Newbie

Reputations:
    I think I have the same problem. The laptop won't power on if I insert the battery before the AC plug. If I leave it out, or connect AC first, it starts up. It says it's charged 96%, and HP Battery Check also doesn't find any problem, but the moment I unplug it, it dies.

What's strange as well is that if I insert the battery without AC plugged in, the charging LED lights up (white) and flashes in amber about once every second. In this state, neither the power button nor the web browser button have any effect.

If I plug it in and then insert the battery, nothing lights up. If I then unplug it again, leaving the battery in, still nothing lights up. Then, the power button still doesn't do anything, but the web browser button causes the power LED to light up for about 3 seconds, then it turns off again and the charging LED lights up in white and flashes in amber about 3 times a second. In this state, it's impossible to turn it on, even after plugging it in and removing the battery. It has to be completely disconnected to start up again.

Does yours behave the same way? Any ideas what could be wrong? I also tried a co-worker's battery, and it behaves the same way in my laptop.

Edit: I also updated the BIOS to the latest version, which didn't help.

10. takman79

takman79 Newbie

Reputations:
    i am looking to upgrade the RAM on my 8460p from 4GB to 16GB. I have been looking at various manufacturers website, crucial, kingston, corsair etc.....

I would like to know what others are using, their experiences and advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.