*HP Elitebook 800 Series Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by JayWalker7, Oct 4, 2013.

1. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Google image search "elitebook 840 g1 motherboard" -> all motherboards in the pictures have soldered cpus.

2. Xanxi

Xanxi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Shame! Bad luck. I have bought the 2560p and 8560p second hand after i bought the 840 g1 new, and i really feel i have made a bad deal with the 840g1. Previous elitebooks are way better to me.

3. DooMMasteR

DooMMasteR Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also upgraded my 820 G3 a bit, now with an additional 500GB Samsung 850 EVO paired with the factory m.2 SSD.
    Also got me a US-Keyboard, but some keys are not working on it, too bad :( so I'll stay with my German keyboard, at least until I find another cheap one.

4. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My 840 G2 always runs at full clock speed according to the Task manager, why?

I have checked settings in BIOS and Power options, but nothing helps so far. The CPU supports EIST.

5. lppedd

lppedd Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone bought the G2 / G3 or G4 4k (UHD) model?
    I'm searching for the exact panel model. I think it's a BOE. Any help would be really really appreciated!

6. Mierenneuker

Mierenneuker Newbie

Reputations:
    I have acquired an 820 G2 with an AZERTY keyboard and would like to replace it with a QWERTY keyboard. I can find reasonably priced genuine 820 G1 keyboards but the genuine 820 G2 keyboards are very expensive. Are the G1 keyboards compatible with the G2 as I have seen people advertise the same item for both the G1 and G2 which implies they are ?

7. Kocane

Kocane Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any 840 G1 owners still around? What battery life are you getting on these things? I recently bought a 840 G1 off my work, because I really like the keyboard, the display and speakers. Overall very sturdy. It has the i7-4600u CPU. According to various tools, including the HP ones (BIOS) the battery is just fine and according to another tool I've used extensively in the past, there is no battery wear (incredble, but OK). Seemingly all good. But I get no where NEAR the battery life of various reviews I'm reading. According to Notebookcheck, I should get a 6 hours with light usage? I'm getting 4 at absolute best.

8. davisdlrch

davisdlrch Newbie

Reputations:
    Go to laptopscreen.com and search for your laptop. HP/Compaq -> Elitebook 8x0 G2 series. It lists the screens by resolution and glossy vs matte. I've used the site multiple times and they're very reliable.