*HP EliteBook 2560p Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by master blaster, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dignan

Dignan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

When my 2560 is docked in the docking station (external screen attached) it won't enter into any power saving mode. When it is on battery or plugged in directly with the cord, it will go to sleep, etc. per my settings. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've left it running all night a couple of times already.

Thanks!

2. timohour

timohour Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope. There is already a successfull implementation with 2820qm on 2560p. I also upgraded my i3-2310M to an 2630QM... I believe it will work for everybody... Whitelisting the processor is maybe difficult...

Is there anyone who can provide me an memory dump for the Kingston 1866MHz pnp mem? You can use the EVGA spd tool which is provided free here.

Thanks for helping.

3. seabar

seabar Newbie

Reputations:
    Spoke today with a guy from HP. After he tried to configure my BIOS he was under the opinion that you can't boot a 2560p from a HDD in notebook upgrade bay. I find it very strange but it seems that I have to give up my plan to boot from the 2nd HDD.

4. buggiedawn

buggiedawn Newbie

Reputations:
    I got the 2560p and I am having a problem with the keyboard light, I don't know how to turn it off, it always keeps itself on. I tried pushing it back but it pops up again, anyone can help?

5. timohour

Reputations:
    It doesn't work either on my 4530s... I finally used a bootloader on the primary drive...

6. seabar

seabar Newbie

Reputations:
    I wounder if it could boot from the DVD and what is the difference to a HDD caddy. (Bios restriction?):mad: :mad: :mad:
    Can't use a bootloader since our Company IT is using fully encrypted discs....

7. SimoxTav

SimoxTav Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for your report, i was searching for successfull experiences about the topic but i totally missed them. Anyway I thought the socket between i3-5 and i7 were different like on arrandale but I was wrong then :p

Good to know, in a couple of months i could get my quad core too at an affordable price thanks to Ivy Bridge release :p

8. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    INFO: How to enable Upgrade Bay Hard Drive boot

I've confirmed on my 2560P (F.22 bios) that it is possible to boot off the Upgrade Bay Hard Drive (optical bay caddy with HDD/SSD that replaces the optical drive). This worked with my newmodeus 9.5mm sata optical bay caddy.

The trick is to enable a hidden bios setting using HP's biosconfigutility from within Windows. Details below:

1. Go to the DOS prompt (Start->Run->cmd)

2. Navigate to your system's \swsetup\AppInstl folder to find biosconfigutility.
      Code:
      cd \swsetup\appinstl
      In case you can't find it, here's a downloadable BiosConfigUtility.exe

3. Get a capture of your current bios settings with:
      Code:
      biosconfigutility /getconfig:bios-set.txt

4. Edit the bios settings file:
      Code:
      notepad bios-set.txt
      Change the following entry by removing the astericks next to Disable and moving it to Enable. Ie, from:
      Code:
      Upgrade Bay Hard Drive boot
      	*Disable
      	Enable
      to
      Code:
      Upgrade Bay Hard Drive boot
      	Disable
      	*Enable

5. Read this new configuration into the bios
      Code:
      biosconfigutility /setconfig:bios-set.txt

6. Reboot your system, Hit F9 during BIOS boot and now you can select the Notebook Upgrade Bay Hard Drive and boot from it :D

@seabar, you may consider passing this info to your HP contact as it's a pretty important function imho.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  9. seabar

seabar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi nando4 million of thanks! You made my day! Will try it out as soon as possible :D :) :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  10. timohour

Reputations:
    This guide is perfect!!! It worked for my 4530s Probook too...

You can better add a link of it on the first page of ODD cuddy... it will be very helpful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.