*HP EliteBook 2530p Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by master blaster, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=guybrush=-

-=guybrush=- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello again. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've also dowgraded to the FIRST bios version available for the laptop (F.03) to no avail: cpqamt ALWAYS locks up on its let's say welcome screen with a blinking cursor.
    On a chinese forum I've found a different method to unlock the descriptor (1 + 3 + left arrow + right arrow + winkey) but it doesn't work neither.
    Apart from this, I believe that the command

cpqamt read vpro_state

shouldn't need the descriptor to be unlocked so I'm confident that the problem resides elsewhere. Is it possible that there isn't anyone out there who could try cpqamt on his/her 2530p and tell me if it works for him/her? It's only a matter of seconds and there isn't even the minimum risk of doing anything bad to the laptop. Please help! I'm desperate! :(

2. sly1005

sly1005 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I have just bought some used HP2530P :) This version has dvd drive, core 2 duo 1,86 and 1GB RAM. It's without HDD. Should I buy some disk 1,8" or buy HDD caddy and put some 2,5" ?

3. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Get 1.8" SSD, regular hard drives of that size are really slow. I know that, because I have one in my 2530p :)
    I added 500GB HDD in caddy, one that had an extra usb too. Since that isn't my main portable computer, I'm not going to upgrade main drive to SSD, unless I come by one dirt cheap or free.

4. sly1005

Reputations:
    Aha, but I mean I would buy some SSD 2,5" , because they are cheaper and faster than those SSD 1,8". What is more, there are not many choices among 1,8" :) I have Hitachi HGST 1TB 2,5" so I would buy some USB 3.0 external caddy for 2.5" SATA and use it as portable HDD. DVD drive isn't something necessary nowadays :)

5. useless guru

useless guru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recommend you buy a MSATA Samsung EVO SSD and a MSATA to Mini SATA2 adapter card.

This combo fits the 2530p perfectly (done myself) and it is future proof. What's more it is probably cheaper than any decent 1.8" SSD.

The SSD ist as fast as their grown up SATA2 sisters, and you can always recycle it with a normal MSATA to SATA2 adapter and use it like a std. SATA2 SSD.

6. KLF

Reputations:
    Well... I actually have one 32GB msata ssd around. I was going to get usb case for it but that sounds also a doable idea.

7. sly1005

Reputations:
    hey guys, how can I use this fingerprint reader on Windows 7 64x? I downloaded Bioscrypt VeriSoft Access Manager but it doesnt work...
    ok, I found some solution, maybe someone will need it:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...thenTec-fingerprint-and-Windows-7/td-p/218462

Thanks for this idea :) But I thought that HDD in this caddy will be colder, because the main place for 1,'8 is near the processor and can get hotter. Does buying this adaptor require caddy for 1,8' HDD (I bought my HP without it) ?

8. useless guru

useless guru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, no need. The adapter & SSD weighs next to nothing. I just wrapped the adapter with the SSD on it in bubble wrap to prevent it from rattling - no heat issue so far. But I am definitely enjoying the performance!

9. sly1005

Reputations:
  10. KLF

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.