*HP EliteBook 2530p Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by master blaster, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yes, can do that and boot off the 2.5" SSD. It's a straightforward installation.

I however chose a 1.8" SSD + 2.5" HDD setup. This is because a 1.8" SF1222 SSD gives the same performance as a 2.5" SF1222 SSD. I also have an adapter so I can use the 1.8" SSD as a 2.5" drive.

A 2.5" HDD however is faster than 1.8" HDD and are offered in larger capacities up to 1TB.

2. butwhyme

butwhyme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In case anyone was wondering I thought I'd post my windows experience index for my 2530p before it RIPs (SL9600, 4gb, 128gb SSD Samsung MMCRE28G8MXP). I know its not the worlds best benchmark, but I don't have any other. The most interesting part would be the HD

Processor 5.7
    RAM 5.7
    Graphics Windows 3.8
    Gaming Graphics 3.4
    HD 5.9

The Samsung HD is a little annoying as you can't update its firmware (HP has locked it, and is too lazy to update it, and Samsung does not supply firmware to HP OEM drives), and has no TRIM or GC etc :-(

3. User Retired 2

Reputations:
    INFO: Fitting a 2510P keyboard to a 2530P

It was noted that a 2530P keyboard fits on a 2510P here. So the reverse is true. Something you may want to do if prefer the blue highlights on some of the keys or have say a non-English 2510P keyboard and wish to transplant it to a 2530P. See picture below of a ebay 2530P that has this swap:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  4. drifter42

drifter42 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I picked up a 2530p off ebay for $113 U.S . It came with the bay hard drive adapter. The only thing wrong with it was a bad ram module and hard drive. I put in a new stick of ram and an 80gb hard drive I had laying around, but I'm planning to get a 320 or 500gb hard drive or possibly put an ssd in there. I took a chance when I bought this as a non working machine, but it worked out and runs Windows 7 64 bit nicely. Glad to join the 2530p club!

5. thebranded

thebranded Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Recently got a 2530p but does not come with the webcam, is it possible to install this?

6. User Retired 2

Reputations:
    INFO: Retrofitting a webcam to a webcamless 2530P model

Armed with the 2530P schematic we see there are two ways of adding a webcam:

(1) replace the whole LCD panel with one from a 2530P that has a webcam. The LCD connector on the 2530P systemboard in the top left corner carrying the webcam USB signal. I don't really think this is viable option unless you get a cheap 2530P off ebay that's in need of a repair but happens to have a good webcam and LCD. It's a simple replacement job but consider if selling your 2530P on ebay and buy one with a webcam is better value.

(2) the budget option: graft in a third party webcam to via the docking connector's USB pins. Successfuly demonstrated by mike60's 2510P webcam retrofit. The 2530P and 2510P use the same docking station so the docking connectors are identical.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  7. thebranded

Reputations:
    cheers nando, both options seem out of my reach! ashame since i got the 2530p thinking it came with a webcam, as my current portable (Fujitsu p7120) as does not have a webcam!

8. User Retired 2

Reputations:
    Third solution is of course the basic USB 2.0 webcams that clip onto the top of the LCD and plug into the external USB port. Not as elegant, but far less involved and will get the job done.

9. thebranded

Reputations:
    webcam is not a deal breaker just a disappointment.

am getting a logitech c525 webcam, so thats fine. Getting an expresscard USB3, and an esata card as well so connectivity-wise i'm set.

next up is upgrade to 4gb ram, will flash bios as per your previous posts to get max benifit of ram and then do some over clocks as well.

10. User Retired 2

Reputations:
    You don't happen to have a L9600 cpu? If so and are prepared to do the TME-unlock PLL mod then I'd be curious what stable overclocks you could achieve at reasonable temperatures.

I've got my L9400 running at 330Mhz (2.64Ghz) but am locked to a x8 dual-IDA multiplier so can't go furthter. A L9600 has an additional full multipler so at that same 330Mhz bclk would be running 2.97Ghz, putting it into i-core territory. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.