*HP dv8 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by rageman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just upgraded my dv8 to 802.11ac using a DW1550 card. Requires the f25 BIOS with whitelist removed which can can be found online. Works great. Very solid WiFi performance. Perfect for HDTV streaming with Windows Media center.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. zum

zum Newbie

Reputations:
    interesting can you by chance send me the file or host it online for all of us DV8 owners ?

3. zum

zum Newbie

Reputations:
    anyone know what should be installed in the middle of the 2 drives? I noticed this when installing a ssd drive and it had me wondering what option mine is missing

thanks

[​IMG]

EDIT: figured it out... its the tv tuner slot. which incase anyone wants to know the NTSC compatible for the North American continent part# is 496891-001

You will have to also need to add the cable and to do that it requires you to completely disassemble your machine.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. Vent

Vent Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Just few days ago I upgraded RAM memory of my DV8 1250es from the original 4GB + 2 GB to 8GB + 8GB (Yes, 16GB works perfectly, without any change. The laptop recongnized the new RAM inmediately. Windows 7 shows 16GB when you check RAM in the system).
    I bought 2 sticks of 8 GB Kingston, reference KTH-X3B/8G, DDR3 1333. etc. To find the right ones I took as reference the spare part number you can find in DV8 Manteinance and Service Guide for the stick 4GB, 577606-001 and found the Kingston KTH-X3B/4G. I had read in some forums that the same CPU was in the market with 16GB time ago, so I bought the same Kingston reference, but with 8GB each one and no problem.

I also have added an express card adapter with 2 USB 3.0 in the PCMCIA slot. Not as fast as a real 3.0 (there are hardware limitations), but it's twice faster than the USB 2.0 included in the DV8. Sometimes even faster.

If the SSD's were cheaper, I would like to change the boot disk. I usually use 3D programs. but I still think that it's too much money for a Laptop five years old, even taking in account that my DV8 works perfectly even now. The main problem is the GPU, that can't be upgraded.

I hope this helps you

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  6. alfa 166

alfa 166 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,can somebody check were are subwoofer cable connection cause mine has only wires and dunno where to connect those..THX advance.

7. alfa 166

alfa 166 Newbie

Reputations:
    And also i need to know what part number is ram&hdd cover ..mine doesnt have it all.

8. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Windows 10 driver for the AverMedia tv tuner in my dv8? Or perhaps a windows 8 driver will suffice? Thx.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. Gesher

Gesher Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Duplicate

10. Gesher

Reputations:
    ---- question deleted ----

The 720qm has no IHS !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  11. Gesher

Reputations:
    That's wrong and be careful don't do my mistake !
    In the intel 5x chipset platform (such as Intel PM55 of our hp dv8) , this mini pci-e slot doesn't work as msata slot !
    Read my experience !