*HP dv7t Quad Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by mattmjb0188, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bchreng

bchreng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been reading through the slickdeals forums and there always seem to be a couple whiners who complain about the reliability of HPs, complaining that they crap out after 2 or so years of use. I was wondering if there was any truth to that or if it's just a case of a select few being bitter and really vocal about their experiences? For owners of the previous-gen DV7s, how are you notebooks holding up?

2. timesquaredesi

timesquaredesi MagicPeople VooDooPeople

Reputations:
    ^ 25 months later, my machine is still working flawlessly. no issue with the touch buttons, no hardware issues at all, no fan issues like some other people had. i think the ones that complain got lemons and/or they dont know what they're doing :)

i installed win7 x64 ultimate last year on this beast and it flies. i can see myself using this thing for the foreseeable future. no issues with the burner at all, no screen issues and i have the infinity display. i simply wish i had gotten an LED screen ( not an option at the time ) but it's all good bc this machine is still awesome :D

3. amm3d

amm3d Newbie

Reputations:
    :confused: Hi guys having some problems and need help ....My GPU gt320m is 44 degrees when in idle mode (when doing nothing) when i used to browse or playing utube or watching movies it rises up like hell to 78 degrees ..and also the fan is idle always why the hack its not boosting to its maximum speed to cool down the GPU and processor ...more often when i am playing games it rise up to 90 degrees ...and no noise of fan speeding up like it did when i boot the system ..its always idle ...speed fan is also useless coz it`s not showing rpms nor any fans ...i am also using coolermaster notepal u3 but still ..don`t show much differences ..there must be a solution for the GPU to stay cool at 45 degrees ..when in sleep mode its gets cool like 35 degrees but when i start working it again got up to high speeds:confused: tell me if i am wrong ....GPU temps are 70 -90 its normal or not? ...pls help guys ..any help will be appreciated..!

4. Bullit

Bullit Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    70 80Cº is normal when pushed . 90º starts to be too much.

5. calvin-c

calvin-c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my dv7 last year & liked it so much I just bought one for my spouse. Arrived yesterday & I'm rather disappointed in the case changes. Also surprised that the case is brushed aluminum (color, not material, I think). When they removed the color choice I thought all cases would be black.

I do like the color but why the heck did they remove the touch-sensitive controls? Those were simply cool! And the new touchpad sucks, IMO. Of course all touchpads suck for use, but last year's model had a hard switch to turn it on & off-plus hard buttons for left/right clicking. I had to try 6 times before this stupid thing would recognize the taps to turn itself off. Thought I was going to break it before I got it shut off.

Other than that it still seems one of the best out there.

6. wfallon

wfallon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

I've had my dv7t (corei7, gt-230m, 4GB ram) for a full year now (2009 black friday deal). It's working great, except that about a week ago it started having a fit much of the time I'd put streaming videos on. My CPU usage would max out and everything would start lagging, and the CPU usage would steadily slow down after I closed everything until being normal after a few minutes.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening? I'm not the most computer savvy, but I do OK for a non-CS college student - I"m hoping someone might be able to help!

Thanks,
    Bill

7. Bullit

Bullit Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Probably a software thing. Could be a trojan/malware. If not check the temperatures.
    Verify the errors reports in administrative menu.

8. jasonm1968

jasonm1968 Newbie

Reputations:
    exactly what model is that hd?i have a dv7t quad with an empty 2nd hd bay.i want to buy the same drive.post me a link if u can where to buy!thanks a bunch!!

9. husky55

husky55 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In addition to the drive, you will need a HP HD kit to install it. For the same drive look in your device manager under drives. You will see the model and mfg specified.

10. KulorDS

KulorDS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted any but I was curious...to anyone with a similar model as my DV7T, what is your gaming experience?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.