*HP dv7t Quad Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by mattmjb0188, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josephlreyes

josephlreyes Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Whenever you flash your bios...on anything...you take a risk.Not only that there are problems with the bios..but if there is ANY problem installing it, or if you have the wrong bios or if you have a corrupted download ( ect) your device is dead.I update drivers somewhat regulary( after they are proven bug free) but flashing the bios..I need a compelling reason to do so.

2. MassBarry

MassBarry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was told by Cyberlink to update my VGA/Sound card driver, after they saw my DxDiagx64. They did not tell how. Actually, I can figure THAT part out, but I am not finding the VGA reference in the Device Manager, and am I looking for 2 drivers, a VGA and a sound card?

Display Devices: Date: 11/20/2009
    Sound Devices: Date: 2/5/2010

Their answer was a little muddled.

3. saud__19

saud__19 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks Devilsbane. actually i spent my time on the notebook after getting back from work. playing some games and watching HD movies. regarding to nVidia 320m amd its score it seems to be similar to 130m that i have in my HDX16 as the following image:

[​IMG]

actually the performance is great in games such as COD MW2 and today i try BF BC2 and it was imazing. Also i watch a Full HD movie on my HDX16 and the size of the Movie was 43 Gig and it was imazing using Windows7codecs + KM Player. So, I hope the 320m will be the same.

thanks for your reply.

4. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks Joe, I'll take your advice and create a backup recovery disk set.

5. josephlreyes

josephlreyes Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My laptop is at work so I cant walk you thru this...but it should be under display adapters.Id look back thru this forum and see what driver version other users are upgrading sucessfully to if I were you. ( me ..I havent updated my drivers, no need to) Because I dont have my computer here I cant say for sure...but your video drivers have to have an audio component ( if just for the hdmi)..but they are probally saying to upgrade both audio card and video card drivers.
    The reason Im posting is to tell you that when you go to technical service for ANY software or hardware product, the first thing you are going to be told is to upgrade your drivers/software to the latest version. Thats the universal step one, regardless if its the answer to the problem or not.( and often it is- but often it isnt)
    Im somewhat familiar with cyberlink , I assume you have a bluray problem. What I have to say is that NOBODY makes a software player that is anywhere as reliable as a hardware player. Ive had alot of software players, dissapointments with each one.You wont find perfection.You would be better off going to the cyberlink forum and see if others have the same problem as you ( there are alot of people with problems over there I can promise you)or post the question there as they are familiar with the program. (I have the cyberlink blueray suite,bought cyberlink power dvd 9 and I now use something else as my main blueray player. Alot of people use multiple software players because they all have their strengths and weaknesses}
    I hope that helped somewhat ?

6. Serantos

Serantos Newbie

Reputations:
    If I had the windows InsydeFlash executable, then I could run the program in windows using the ease of access narrator, like I have been doing to try and fix it. I don't know if the backup from your BIOS would do the trick or how to install it.

7. Devilsbane

Devilsbane Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I'm sure that its the same one. I currently have the F.16 (from January 2010) and all of the numbers you were talking about are listed on mine.

I have only flashed a bios once or twice and it has been some time, but it seems to me the first step was backing up the old one. Now where the backup got put I don't know. Maybe you were allowed to save it somewhere, maybe it just auto saved somewhere. (Or maybe it didn't happen and I'm mistaken??) Maybe you can pull the HDD and plug it into another computer using a USB adapter and look for files created around the same time that you flashed your bios. Now if you find something, I don't know exactly how to load it into your bios, maybe its some sort of .exe?

Again I don't know if the technology exists, but if you can find a program to read my bios and save it to a file I can do that and email it to you. And even if somehow it is the wrong version, what is the worst that could happen? A pc with no display is just as useless as a pc that doesn't power up.

8. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm pumped my laptop was supposed to be built by march 5th, I just got an email a few hours ago stating my laptop has shipped, almost wish I would have paid extra for 2 day shipping

9. MassBarry

MassBarry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My problem is HiDef tape capture. I have been unable to capture HD from my HV30, unless I use my wife's XP laptop, then transfer to my DV7t.
    My laptop will only capture as SD quality from tape, no matter what program I use. Has anyone captured HDV tape successfully using this laptop and Windows 7?
    Thanks for your time, glad I found this forum, I am a senior member of the CL forum, but no one can fix this. Not cyberlink, HP, or Canon. But this is a common issue on the web, HDV capture/Windows 7/laptop.

10. Devilsbane

Devilsbane Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I ordered standard shipping, it was supposed to be built and shipped by friday the 26th but instead shipped on monday and arrived on the 26th. I bet if I would have paid extra it just would have shipped on Wednesday or something. (But I had the same feeling when I saw mine shipped).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.