*HP dv7t Quad Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by mattmjb0188, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    there is as new 250 dollar coupon online but its not as much of a discount as a few weeks ago since they changed some of the offers, they are also offering the dv7t with blu-ray again, but for an additional 350, i just ordered a drive from ebay for 102 and am ordering my dv7t tomorrow morning when i can transfer funds to my other account. It says build date will be 03-04 im so pumped. here's what im getting
    win7 pro 64bit
    i7-720qm
    6gb mem
    320gb hdd, the 500 was like another 75 bucks or something
    infinity display
    fingerprint reader
    wireless a-b-g-n and bt
    lightscribe multi drive

with taxes and everything it comes out to 1,295.18 after the coupon like i said its not much of a discount to what it was a few weeks ago but i need a laptop now and cant really hold out much longer!!

Wish me luck!

2. messeduprex

messeduprex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the quick-ship model with the green backpack for 1358.00 shipped. Once I got everthing right it runs great.
    - core i7 720qm
    - 6 gb ram
    - 640 gb hdd
    - regular brightview display
    - blue-Ray

I'll tell you what though It blows my other dv7 with the p8600 and 9600gt out of the water I was able to play crisis on high settings for the first time. Still haven't got to very high yet. Mabey after I overclock the 230m to the 240m's clock speeds

3. Devilsbane

Devilsbane Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mine was $1,800 based on 3 key changes. 820 processor. 8GB ram (might as well buy it now instead of buying it twice in a year when i decide i want 8), and the 3 year total care accident thingamajig.

I bought it about 2 weeks ago and now as im nearing the ship date I see I could have saved myself $35 and got the 500gb instead of the 320 hdd. Doesn't really matter as the second i get the pc im pulling out the hdd and sticking a ssd in to install 7 professional on.

4. Devilsbane

Devilsbane Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How come every post I read on here says they got a NVIDIA 230m but HP says I'm getting a 320m? Is HP's website a lie due to a typo? It's been in several places including on my receipt.

I guess I'll find out what I really get next week but if someone could explain this that would be great.

5. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    they used to ship with the 230m and the quick ships still do i think but the customized come with a 320m (from everything ive heard) and cant find specs for it anywhere. Ive also heard its not as good as the 230m??? Not sure but ill find out as soon as i get mine.

6. josephlreyes

josephlreyes Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-320M.25099.0.html

They dont know much about it either but they do give it an approximate respective rating ( it has less shader cores than the 230m)

7. MassBarry

MassBarry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How do you overclock, does it void the warranty, and how much will it help going from the 230m to 240m speeds?

8. messeduprex

messeduprex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't know about voiding the warranty but you can download nvtune from nvidia. It's basicly a unlocked control panels that will let you overclock your card.

9. tonyteo

tonyteo Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it safe to overclock to 240m? Will it cause too heat or unstable?

10. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

Reputations:
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I am having a heat problem. Using cpu-z I am finding that just by doing a lot of web surfing, then watching, say 1 hr of streamed or dvd movie, my cpu temps go from 37C to 60-65C. GPU doesn't get higher than 48C. The keyboard an palm rests never get hot and the bottom at it's hottest is (using my hand as thermometer!) no more than 90 F. Is this normal? I have a really bad cooling pad - one of those Targus "passive" things, and I don't believe the fans in it ever spin. Any advice appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.