*HP dv7t Quad Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by mattmjb0188, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassBarry

MassBarry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The HF210 capture is just a file transfer, no problemo there. It's the damn HDV tape capture from my HV30 that nobody can seem to do in W7. Well, maybe not anyone, but alot of folks can't capture HDV. Might just be limited to laptops on W7. I actually have a connection to Cyberlink, but it's Chinese New Year. They are all drunk!

2. nalpakj

nalpakj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So the pitiful nature of HP customer service continues...

I went on to their web site to check to make sure the $50 coupon actually worked. I wasn't sure what I wanted to buy yet, but figured with how poorly they've been so far, I'd verify the coupon before too much time passed. I add a couple randon items to my cart, enter the coupon and it tells me the coupon is invalid. So I call HP customer service. After explaining that I don't want to actually place an order right now and just want to get the coupon working for when I am ready to make a purchase, she tells me I shouldn't worry about it because the coupon works on her end regardless of what I was seeing. Obviously I wasn't happy with that reply. She then proceeds to tell me that the problem must be that I don't have a good computer and that is somehow causing the coupon to be rejected...the same damn computer that I just bought from them.

At this point the idea of how they'll handle any real problem hat might develop with the laptop has me concerned enough that I just requested a return on the item. Regardless of the price, they simply don't deserve my money and I don't trust them. They've failed every step along the way of fulfilling this order.

Oh, and the huge problem "with my computer" that caused the coupon to be rejected...the manager I eventually talked to tested the code on thier storefront and it failed...they are having a technical problem on their site right now with accepting coupons.

Good luck everyone...I hope your laptops are perfect. If they aren't and you need HP to fix them you're just in for another round of hell.

3. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's strange. I purchased 2 items on Tuesday that were both discounted almost 40%. I went to checkout, inserted my $50 coupon code, and charged $4.30 to my card. I got both items today. Very smooth with no problems. And my dv7t is working great. Very happy so far.

4. Devilsbane

Devilsbane Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I bought mine on February 11th. Supposed to be built by the 26th. Oddly enough the warranty will be here before the computer is even built.

Specs:
    HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-820QM Quad Core Processor (1.73GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to3.06GHz
    • $100 OFF! 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    • FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    • 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7-720QM and i7-820QM Processors
    • 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
    • LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
    • Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
    • Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
    • HP Integrated HDTV Hybrid Tuner
    • HP Color Matching Keyboard
    • 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    • Integrated 56K Modem
    • Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
    • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

I bought a caddy off a different site refusing to buy HP's outrageously priced one. I'll update you if it works. Bought it off newmodeus.com.

5. messeduprex

messeduprex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Success i have finally figured out a way to install the Nvidia 195.62 driver on my dv7. if any of you didnt realize yet HP has locked out any other driver's then the ones they put up. but to change that it is a very simple fix. you only have to add your device id of your card to the nvhm.inf, and the ListDevice.inf and rename nvhm.inf to NVHM.inf. this is what tou add.

(in ListDevice.inf)
    You have to add it under the nvhm.inf list

DEV_0A28&SUBSYS_365C103C "NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M"

(in nvhm.inf)
    under [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]

%NVIDIA_DEV.0A28.04% = Section024, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A28&SUBSYS_365C103C

add that line in the third from the bottom of that specific list

save all the files and if all went well the driver should install. if not you should get the same error as before when trying to install it. you are not modifying anything in the driver, just adding your device so it will install.

and it's working perfectly for me. no crashes whatsoever.

6. Joel Solid

Joel Solid Newbie

Reputations:
    I have encoutered the first mess I can't seem to fix. Even after updating the the drivers on my new dv7t my speakers still make the loud pop when I boot up, shut down, it goes to sleep, it wakes up. etc.............. I have the newest IDT HD codec driver. I'm also running SRS audio sandbox. HP tech support has not been all that helpful. What should I try next? What setting could be causing this. From the posts I have read on her most people have the Pop go away after the driver update. Somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks!!

7. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mess, I didn't have to do any of this. I went to the nVidia website and selected "download drivers". On the next screen I selected:

Product Type: GeForce
    Product Series: GeForce 200m series (notebook)
    Operating System: Win 7 - 64 bit
    Language: English

On the Download screen it states "Notebook Release 195" in big letters. Downloaded the file, double clicked to install, and it loaded perfectly. I've had it on over a week and it's run flawlessly. Hope this helps if anyone needs it..

8. messeduprex

Reputations:
    When did you buy your dv7? Because everytime I tried it said my system wasn't supported. Then if you let nvidia find the driver it points you to hp's site for the 186.66 driver

9. MassBarry

MassBarry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Me too, easily found at Nvidia, and installed perfectly.

10. messeduprex

Reputations:
    Well I'm having all sorts of problems. After fixing the nvidia issue. I still can't get the turbo boost driver to install. It says that my computer dosent meet the requierments. Hp support didn't help. Haven't tried intel yet. But I'm getting ready to return it. I have never had driver problems like I do with this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.