*HP dv7t Quad Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by mattmjb0188, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalpakj

nalpakj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was looking at the dv8t as well as an 18" Toshiba. My problem with it is that 17.3" is already getting pretty large for a laptop and if you use a backpack rather than a traditional bag, you have limited options that will fit the 17. If you jump up to an 18" laptop it's just too big to carry around and finding a good bag to carry it in would be a challenge. As it is I had to replace my old Swiss Gear backpack with the larger model to fit the dv7t.

2. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does it seem that hp was backordered on some items and has now caught up?? Im waiting for my taxes to come back to order mine but would love to know where ppl are finding these 300 dollar coupons at that would be sweet to pick up one of those deals

3. GRozecki

GRozecki Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got my coupon from here:
    http://www.logicbuy.com/

4. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Based on the number of people gettting notification at the same time, it would appear that inventory is meeting demand but I am basing that assumption on this forum. If you can find the $300 coupon to go with the $200 discount, that's a good price. Good luck!

5. shadowmonk

shadowmonk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thats not fair, I ordered mine just before the 15% coupon that logicbuy has, and my free mem upgrade was just to 3GB. I knew I should have waited to order until I saw a coupon, but didn't think it would happen so soon after my purchase.

6. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    LOL! Doesn't it always happen that way Monk!

7. SFOrange

SFOrange Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is my first new computer in 9 years...so...what's with NO Windows OS disk in the package? Can I do a clean install? And does anyone have a good recommendation for dummies on how to pare down the bloat?

8. BigFoot48

BigFoot48 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It's all laid out nicely here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=432564

9. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    SF, you had to select the disk when you were choosing options for your laptop. Cost extra.

10. acadapter

acadapter Newbie

Reputations:
    Nalpakj ---- You always have the option to return the laptop if you are unhappy and build one elsewhere, no questions asked. not many other brands offer that on a CTO Laptop.

This is my 5th HP machine for either myself or family, and in the occasion of something not going right HP always offers credits. They always say that they can't apply until after the product has been received. That may be a precaution on their side to prevent issues; but I also know that if you asked for it, it shows up. I have had a few various credits. I asked for the managers name authorized the credit and if it wasn't there after I received I called back and they did it no problem. Patience is a virtue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.