*HP dv7t (1XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by Dabman, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trifle77429

trifle77429 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just one more question before I order:

17.0" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1680 x 1050)

Infinity glass is a designer screen with a clean frameless look
    -$50.00Id : KF625AV Price : 175.00 EPP Price : 0.00 MIR : 0.00 IR : 0.00 17.0" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Infinity Display (1680 x 1050)

Is this just a preference thing, widescreen or not ? The screens are still the same size (17") so I don't understand how one is wide and one is not.
    Is there much difference in 1680x1050 from the 1440x900 besides the price?

Configuring it as Touchdown has above besides the screen I'm coming up with $ 1,854. so I dont think a few extra dollars are going to hurt since I'm already $1,000 over budget.

2. eyun

eyun Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The difference between 1680x1050 and 1440x900 is its resolution. 1680 is more expensive but will give you more desktop space to work on. The downside to this is some people don't like having all the icons and fonts smaller, though this is fixable with a little extra work. 1440 isn't a bad size either, I've never owned a 17'' so I can't say which is better but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a matter of preference.

3. CrashConrad

CrashConrad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Last line says it all, personal preference... I'd go for 1920x1200 if they offered it:)

4. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i know they have the 20.1" hdx for larger screan real estate but maybe someone should rethink the 17" form factor. maybe a 18.5" form factor paradigm shift is in order :)

5. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the very picture (not drawing) in the quickstart brochure they have of this model, that comes in the box it is shipped in (i know, cuz i received it) shows clearly, vents on each side where each of the hard drives are, so i know that they fabricated/manufactured them. why did the assemblers not do it is the real question.

can someone please post a scan of this, since i do not have a scanner.

6. touchdowntexas18

touchdowntexas18 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    haha no problem just wanted to think i helped someone with their decision. sounds like you've got a pretty nice laptop coming along! i got the infinity screen because the guy at Hp told me it looked a lot better but personally i didnt really know what it was. resolution like the others have said is all personal preference but make sure you get the one you want because that definitely cant be changed later. good luck with your new laptop :)

7. touchdowntexas18

touchdowntexas18 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my scanner at home is actually not working right now, but if by tomorrow no one has posted a pic of this "problem" i will do it tomorrow at work. i too am still curious about this matter.

8. CrashConrad

Reputations:
    Maybe the guide was printed from a pre-production photo of a dv7 and what you physically received is a production model dv7.... The guides could have been made well before the actual product even had a mold created.

Moving along ... anyone else see the specs for this chipset supporting a max of 8GB DDR2?

9. CrashConrad

Reputations:
    Looks like it should per Intel (PDF link)

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express
    Chipset Family

Supports faster DDR2 (800 MHz)
    memory
    Faster DDR2 memory support (vs. prior generations). Delivers fast, high data bandwidth performance and up to
    8 GB memory addressability for faster system responsiveness
    and support of 64-bit computing.

10. CrashConrad

Reputations:
    From Kingston ...

I will be waiting for the price to drop on this one....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kingston RAM modules for the DV7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.