*HP dv7t (1XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by Dabman, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dabman

Dabman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got my Laptop today!!!!!! It is awsome. I took pics unpacking and with zalman cooler, I will post them when I get back from work, in about 6 hours, sry guys. I love this thing. The TV tuner is awsome, came with an attena and coaxial to mcx cable, plus two remotes. Vents are like the one in the pic not the manual. With zalman cooler there is absolutally no hot air comming out of the notebook. can feel the air comming from under the notebook in all directions, and bottom of laptop is not even warm after about 3 hours of use. Have not tried anything graphics intensive, but all my vista expierence index scores are close to 6!!! I installed 4GB of RAM I bought seperatally and that all went fine. Sry guys but I gtg to work. c ya.

2. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:

i have vista home premium 64bit with the hybrid tuner. perhaps then, they took them off this config, because it come with a remote control.

3. touchdowntexas18

touchdowntexas18 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    did you not see what griffin just said...he said that both the volume/mute buttons are on his 64-bit home premium version. i would be more surprised if they left that out than if they left the hard drive ventilation holes out especially if they can send me another plate.

yes...maybe its the hybrid tuner

4. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    for all those that have this, the funny thing is this, if you look at the quick setup/start color brochure that is right at the top when you open it, they have a nice quality picture of the bottom, showing the hard drive vent holes.

5. dv7t

dv7t Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    here is the thing though, i have not powered it up yet, and if the volume controls are somehow showing behind the mirror finish of that section, then my apologies, but there are no etchings on the outside saying plus and minus, etc.

again, at least with my config of the hybrid tv tuner. maybe the other guy with the tuner can tell us himself his lapptop.

6. CrashConrad

CrashConrad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Q1) The model number you linked to from the HP (of Canada) site is the dv7-1038ca

Q2) Yes, you can play CoD4 as you easily meet/exceed the minimum requirements.
    CoD4 Minimum requirements:
    CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz, AMD® Athlon™ 64 2800+ processor
    or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better.
    RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
    HD: 8GB Free SPace
    GFX: NVIDIA® Geforce™ 6600, ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better

Q3) Won't know until I get off work on the volume...

Q4) I'll defer the TV tuner question as I opted out and didn't get one:rolleyes:

Q5) Looks pretty comparable to what I ordered - aside from these two features
    - 2.00 GHz Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350
    - 17.0” diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition (1440 x 900)

I'd put it between the middle and highend of configurations. If you could get the similar one with a T8xxx series CPU and maybe the Infinity screen, that'd be a nice choice.

7. touchdowntexas18

Reputations:
    when i read the review on laptopmag it said you could only see the volume buttons etc. when the laptop is activated because they glow white so i would try that first. man you really got me upset over somethin that now seems like nothin lol and i guess im not too worried about the cooling issue because if hp releases those others panels with ventilation holes then ill get one. if not, well my zalman nc2000 cooler is coming in real soon :D

im on the phone with hp right now asking about whether nor not they have other ventilated plates that they will give to dv7t owners, but as most of you probably know talking to hp on the phone is no simple matter lol

8. Griffin0991

Griffin0991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok here are some pictures of my laptop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it's kind of prone to fingerprints.

9. touchdowntexas18

Reputations:
    awesome! thanks a lot for that. it clears up a lot about the whole misconception of the quickplay buttons. phew! well im not worried about the harddrive ventilation right now. i just talked to hp and of course the people i talked to didnt really know what the heck was going on or probably even what i was talking about. but they said that as of now there is no solution to fixing the missing ventilation holes under the hard drive. maybe its about time i pulled out my faithful drill...just kidding lol well i think the dv7t looks awesome and im sure all this hype is just paranoia. hopefully everyone will find that their dv7t is everything(or almost everything) they wanted it to be :)

10. trifle77429

trifle77429 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm trying to buy my first laptop. Hopefully to replace my 6 year old cp.
    I just returned a Dell studio 17, its graphics card was so slow it would barely play WOW, and Oblivian was a nightmare.
    Will this HP play my games and let me watch a DV movie without anything extra added on or without me having to adjust anything ?

They told me the Dell would play them, It was able to turn them on but the graphics were "choppy" and not worth it.

If answering please keep in mind that Im a 48 year old mom and very casual gamer who knows nothing about computers, It has to work for me out of the box.

Also, whats good about having a tv tuner? can you get cable t.v. on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.