*HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by scy1192, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osmosizzz

osmosizzz Newbie

Reputations:
    Yup Still running strong here. I actually updated a few things on this computer pretty much maxing it out. I got angry one day because the net was so low and hit the computer pretty much killing the hard drive. I took the opportunity to upgrade. Went from the lousy 1366 * 768 to full 1920 *1080 screen (what a difference BTW!), got 2 hard drives. One a 7200rpm 500GB drive and a 120GB samsung evo SSD. Put the SSD as my main drive and the 500GB drive in the blu-ray slow (no longer have a disc drive slot). Went ahead and changed the color from the grey to the coffee color and places an aftermarket grey keyboard that matches the speaker grill and borders. I also placed windows 8.

*first windows 8 runs smoothly but I feel both my GPUs are slower than what they were on windows 7 due to driver issues and board compatibility.
    *If i put the computer to sleep twice, after the second time, it just locks up and only way to get it going, it by force restarting it
    * and some other things here and there.
    * I do have one of the best SSD's in this computer but I still feel like the computer boots up too slow. (fast than HDD but not as fast as ive seen intel computers boot up.

this is my only laptop so i do use this pretty often. havent had battery problems, heating problems or anything like that.

So im still rocking the computer. works good and all but this is my first and last AMD computer. Also, i stopped playing games so video cards are no longer my priority. Will be upgrading in the next 2-4 years

2. TryAgain

TryAgain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thats true but if u aint got nothing then it sure worth the troubles. I got a mac for $100 tho duo core 2009 model so Im all set. As for the laptop dv6-6135dx

I am still using it with 8GB ram(only upgrade) and have it connected to my 27inch HD display works great except every time I play 4k videos it blue screens :/ I might have to upgrade soon but will need another killer deal as im on a budget. Looking for a 4k display laptop for $500 :D I guess the wait continues...

3. Novaguy

Novaguy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Update: Still running my dv6z, just upgraded to catalyst 14.4. No major improvements, but so far I have not had any crashes since the driver update. USB error message still comes up nearly ever time I turn on the system.

I'll be switching over to a clevo 13.3 with the 860m hopefully soon, but I will keep playing around with the dv6z. Since my model came with a Blu-ray and my blu ray player is busted, I might just use my dv6z laptop as an htpc instead of actually building an htpc.

4. uggarocka

uggarocka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have an odd request. My laptop's display has been dead, and I've been using it with a monitor for some time now. However, recently, when cleaning out the dust, I accidentally removed CMOS battery, resetting the BIOS settings. As a result, my hardware virtualization has been disabled. Could someone post pictures of the exact steps needed to re-enable the hardware virtualization BIOS setting on this machine so that I can follow it without a display?

erick1499 likes this.
  5. mambastik

mambastik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need a little help with hooking up the 6135dx to a 3D display. I can't seem to get Tridef to work, it doesn't detect my 6750m. I even set the program to "High Performance" but it still only sees the igpu. Any ideas?

6. goresnet

goresnet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone still post on here? I'm looking for a link to musho's bios. Maybe the 750/950. Also, does anyone know how compatible that is with the 14.9 or 14.11 beta drivers? Thanks!

7. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    I can probably dig them out but there is not much point using them tbh as you can just software OC.

8. sandto1rj

sandto1rj Newbie

Reputations:
    hello I am bios demand unlocked overclocked to dv6z vga 6750M please someone could help me find a link to download bios F.21

9. Novaguy

Novaguy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry for the necropost, but has anybody tried updating these hp dv6z llano's to windows 10?

10. Novaguy

Novaguy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ok, so i just went ahead and upgraded my dv6-6135dx myself to windows 10, since my dv6z was just collecting dust. Hard part was getting some windows 7 updates properly installed so that i could reserve my win 10 upgrade - i ended up deleting and reinstalling 2 different windows 7 kb update files in order to get the icon working. Once that was done, clicked the link and reserved my update, and installed it yeterday. I kepted all my programs and settings.

Good news: my computer is quite a bit more stable. It still hangs every now and then, but recovers instead of needing a battery pull. Edge is nice. Total space used is about 77 GiB (of my 111 GiB drive which is a 120GB OCZ agility 3), and that includes a bunch of small games and office 2010.

Bad news: powerdvd 10 (i had a bluray model) seems broken. The program turns on, and i was able to update it, but it freezes when i try to play a blu-ray. It does play dvds, so some things are still working, but not the blu ray playing function.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.