*HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by scy1192, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azj

azj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried the Battlefield 4 Beta? Or the 13.11 beta drivers from AMD? I'm curious how it compares to BF3.

2. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So has anyone tried an Intel 7260.hmwwb network AC card in the DX-6135dx? I was running one of the hack bios's from here to remove the whitelist but when I install it, I immediately get an error that it is an unsupported wireless device and it mentions the bluetooth portion of the card. Seems there is also a whitelist for the Bluetooth portion too... W T F HP?

Any ideas or is it even possible to run this card in this thing? Maybe an updated hacked bios to remove theBluetooth whitelist?

3. MWisBest

MWisBest Newbie

Reputations:
    Thought I'd share this, it wasn't very difficult and the results were definitely worth it.

Thermal Compound Numero Dos - Imgur

Also, despite the HP service manual saying otherwise, the GPU definitely had thermal compound and not a thermal pad on it.

I got my dv6-6135dx on the very same day it was released, $699 for all the stuff packed in there was just too good of a deal to pass up, and the only reason I got it was because on that very same day my old laptop went kaput. One of the best outcomes to a bad (or even good for that matter) situation I've ever had!

Some things I do want to share:
    The VRAM chips in there were not Samsung like HTWingNut found in his, but they were definitely GDDR5 still. I plan on getting some copper from the art department at school to cover up the VRAM and then attach to the heatpipe on the heatsink to get some additional cooling to them, and then borrowing my dad's Dremel to add some extra ventilation underneath the fan like some other people have done. I did remove the stick-on vent cover things that were basically suffocating the ventilation underneath the heatsink blocks as well, and got some tape crap out of the way of the fan's intake and exhaust vents which seems to have helped too.

4. strathydra

strathydra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have a DV6-6040sf, and i have mistake with my ssd (hard drive error 3F1), i think with advanced bios i can solve my problem, for exemple to disable smart.

- Does the musho's or camoli's custum bios works with my dv6?
    - does they activate advanced option?

Thanks!

5. Omar60

Omar60 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where is Camiloml's bios (modded F.21 for the DV6Z) ?
    Does seem no longer available on Dropbox (bad link) :confused:
    May anyone please reupload it ?
    TIA, ciao :hi2:

P.S. Merry Christmas everybody ;)

6. TryAgain

TryAgain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone been able to get MAC OS on this laptop? The DV6-135dx? I have been trying for months with no luck I dont have the money to go buy a MAC :( please help thanks

7. MWisBest

MWisBest Newbie

Reputations:
    Directory Listing of /BIOS/Whitelists/

the "sp54274" should be the one, however I don't think that one has the permanent GPU OC.

8. Novaguy

Novaguy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My understanding was that attempting to get iOS to work with AMD processors and gpus is more trouble than its worth.

9. Novaguy

Novaguy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think I am now starting to have this problem as well. The back right USB port tends to crash my computer, so I pretty much am limited to the usb 3.0 ports and the front right usb port. Since I only use one port, I've ignored the problem.

Additionally, the wireless is very flaky now.

10. crazeyawesome

crazeyawesome Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow, this thread is still alive!

I've been barely using mine because it just feels so slow. The fan died once awhile ago and I had it sent in, they replaced the ram at the same time too ( I don't know why)

My hard drive completely died the other day, and I put in an old 120gb ssd, and the thing just still feels slow sometimes. My battery stopped getting a charge, so I just took that out.

Also, any game I try to run makes my temps shoot up to 85C. I have combatted this by underclocking and undervolting when I play some games, but then it just gets slow and I can't stand it.

I have some left over arctic silver hanging around, would it be worth it to repaste this beast, or should I not bother?

Are these old dinosaurs even worth anything for resale, or should I just toss it in the closet and forget this laptop relationship ever happened?

Sorry, I just really needed to vent. Haha

dv6z 6100 CTO

3510MX llano
    6gb ram
    120gb ssd
    6570m radeon
    full HD screen

Is anyone else still using theirs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.