*HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by scy1192, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seeratlas

seeratlas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    AMD A10-4600M ''Trinity'' 3DMark 11 Performance Leaked

Ok, the cats are *finally* being let out of the bag...at least in Korea. :)

Just remember, this is *stock* processor stuff :) It's when the tweaking begins that trinity REALLY shows what it can do :)

little over a couple of weeks now :)

seer

2. calc_yolatuh

calc_yolatuh Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those images are taken from the Korean shopping link posted previously. Still looks pretty good for the entry 35W version. I guess my venus-glyph comprehension is better than I thought. (moonrune==japanese, venus-glyph==korean)

3. pelletiert

pelletiert Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DV6-6135dx and upgraded the screen to 1080p. I purchased the correct cable and screen posted in these forums. I installed it and it works great but there is one small issue. When playing videos, there is a line that flickers about 2/3rd's of the way up the screen. I think it may have something to do with the refresh rate? Unfortunately is it VERY annoying when I am watching movies. Is there anything you guys could suggest to remedy this?

I tried using D3DOverider to no avail. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the screen? Or perhaps the new connection cable?

Thank you for your time.

pelletiert

4. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    when trinity comes out, i'm heading to best buy to abuse it.
    gonna load up k10stat and see how far she oc's, if it works with piledriver.

it'll be sad if it's multiplier locked.

5. hypertek

hypertek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    testing out the new 12.4 drivers.. so far soo good.

6. Wiz9

Wiz9 Newbie

Reputations:
    whenever screen wakes after being switched off automatically... the flickering lines problem is there in 6135dx.

just disable turn off display option... and everything should be fine.

7. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Hi.

Can anybody get the catalyst video convertor to work? , I only get enable/disable option, where is the select file,

I just installed v12.2 preview that is supposed to have full video convertor, but there is no option under the video tab in catalyst , is my notebook not compatible.

I just want to see if it`s any faster at converting video`s for my mobile phone.

Thanks.

John.

8. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    can anyone here test out 12.4 in fixed mode ?
    any hiccups ?

9. rmacgowa

rmacgowa Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I found 12.3/12.4 to be way unstable with the clocks I have used all the way from 11.6-12.1 , so make sure you flash a stock bios before you upgrade. My system would artifact, crash, and require a CMOS reset just to get back up and running.

I also had a few random crashes , but maybe that is bad luck. Be wary though. My system seems super stubborn. (I think it knows I want to sell it for a new IB/Trinity setup ;) shhhh ) I can't get crossfire to smooth out at all.

Also, We seem to know trinity will be a WIN GPU wise, but I am really curious as to what high end GPUs will come with it. The leaked bench shows a not very stellar sub 2100 score with a 7670, but this is hardly a high end GPU offering.

I hope it comes with at LEAST the 7770m, if not a 7800 series.

In terms of CPU performance, this seems pretty promising : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332848-28-4600m-passmark-benchmark

Performance between a desktop phenom X6 1055 and desktop phenom X6 1065

10. 7words

7words Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm I expected more of Trinity :(
    Seer, you got already P2200 with your rig, am I right? That APU runs with 2.3Ghz and 3.0Ghz Turbo, so there is no improvement over Llano if the total shaders are nearly the same as with LLano Dual Graphics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.