*HP dv6z AMD Llano (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by scy1192, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checo79

checo79 Newbie

Reputations:
    amd overdrive don't work , for fan speed voltages and other what can i use?

2. seeratlas

seeratlas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Man, you have some reading to do. Start searching this thread. There are two main cpu overclocking utils, K10stat and FusionTweaker. For the dedicated gpu you have Saphire Trixx or MSI's Afterburner. Good luck :)

seer

3. Zuois

Zuois Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a question about the 6755G2 chipset (6750M + 6620G)... (AMD A8-3500M)

Whenever I go to the AMD Drivers Download I can't find the drivers for both chipsets. Apparently 6xxxM is not the correct option when downloading the drivers? Anyone know how they got their's to work?
    Something like "Your computer does not have a proper graphics adapter"

4. seeratlas

seeratlas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think when I was trying 11-8 I went to the "mobility radeon" set below and to the left on that initial drivers page. Under that went for the 64bit driver

Seer

5. Zuois

Zuois Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The one to the right That is listed under "Mobility Radeon" with options 32bit and 64bit Windows 7/Vista?

Yeah, I tried that but that doesn't actually install drivers, just catalyst AI, seems to me like they remained 8.32.0xxx
    My guess is that they haven't come out with Vision drivers for dual cards yet?

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Un-freaking-believable.

Whew, amazing what a little patience, dremel tool, heatsinks, and laptop cooler can do. :D

Went from Bad Company 2 running at 90C at 2.2GHz down to 70C!!! Downside is that even with cooler temps the game locks up on occasion. :(

Got my heatsinks in finally, and my replacement cooler Notepal U2. However, I am exchanging the U2 for a U3 because with the 9-cell, it fits nicely in the notch at the top of the cooler, but it's off centered and off the edge of the cooler, so difficult to cool the GPU. The U3 is wider, plus has three fans. Should be here middle of next week.

In any case, I am quite pleased with the result. Now I will be making it look pretty and put something protective over the gaping holes that I cut out there.

So what did I do?

(1) Repasted with IC Diamond
    (2) Cut open "breathing holes" at the CPU and GPU, basically where existing vent was (albeit very restricted)
    (3) Sanded the paint off the CPU and GPU heatsinks and heatpipes
    (4) Attached heatsinks (modified thickness using a dremel tool for available clearance) along the CPU and GPU heatsinks and heatpipes
    (5) Used a laptop cooler Notepal U2.

Next steps:
    (1) Put a protective "breathable" cover over the CPU and GPU modified "breathing holes"
    (2) Add more heatsinks along the entire heatpipe to the fan
    (3) Add heatsinks to the GPU RAM modules
    (4) Tune CPU vs temp curve for best performance.

Here's what it looks like right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. seeratlas

seeratlas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try this:

AMD Catalyst? Control Center / AMD Vision? Engine Control Center 11.8 Driver Preview for Windows 7 64-Bit Edition

or this one for the whql final

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/15466/

seer

8. DlRK

DlRK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So how did you do it? With EzH2O? And do you think it's possible to find the string for the 1.00v of the dGPU and edit that one too?

With my old 6770m I was able to run 890 core-clock @ 1.05v and 933 @ 1.1v. The latter one was good for a 3DMark2011 score of P1900 (1750 GPU). And I didn't even try higher voltages...
    If we could do that with our 6750s, we'd be at 2300 or 2400 points in crossfire at notime! ;-)

9. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice! Does it keep the dGPU active all the time or does it deactivate it when you're not using it?

10. seeratlas

seeratlas Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm I'm not clear how you are going to set to 800/900. do you mean in the bios itself? If so, did Musho open up a tab in bios that lets you set the timings on the card? or are you still going to be using afterburner etc.

Seer

One other thing, I'm soooo surprised that no one has said anything about my new avatar LOL. I just assumed it is so off the wall that everyone would go 'WTH?" and say something, sooo, to save anyone who was at least curious, yes, that's actually me, out 'evangelizing' but in this case, was a stage production where I played "John The Baptist" :)

seer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.