*HP dv6t Select Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by Tex, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gu1t4r5tud

gu1t4r5tud Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm aware it is a Windows service. I'm sure it is necessary for it to run to make my OS work. But my question is it did/should NOT take 25% CPU every time it runs. Power Manager is found as a virus when Microsoft Security Essentials scans for problems.
    I'm also aware that this service was running properly when I first received the laptop last year. Perhaps there was something I did not install properly after the clean install.
    If there is anyone who has had this issue after a clean install of operating system, please let me know.
    Thank you.

2. Nuoo

Nuoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Are there any new AMD/ATI graphics drivers for this laptop? The latest version on the HP site is listed as, "2010-12-03 , Version:8.771.1.0, 198.64M" which seems pretty old to me. I am getting some weird graphics glitches in some of my games so I wanted to upgrade.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I tried installing the latest graphics drivers from the AMD site but the installer said it was not compatible with my current card. This is even when I had the Radeon graphics activated (instead of the Intel power-saving graphics).

3. gu1t4r5tud

gu1t4r5tud Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I recently did a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate x64.
    Which drivers should I install? More specifically, which drivers do I actually need for my machine to function correctly?

-Intel Chipset Device Software
    -Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    -Intel Management Engine Interface
    -Intel Turbo Boost Technology

*Turbo Boost Technology installs a driver. Is that all I need for Turbo Boost to function? And without installing Turbo Boost, would I not be able to utilize the Turbo Boost capabilities?

Thank you.

4. deki

deki Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My sister is considering to purchase the DV6-3204TX, and I really like the specs it has for the price ($800AUD). She's only going to be use it for web browsing, listening to music, watching movies, youtube and such. Is it worth buying?
    I've read around in this topic that many people have over heating issues?

My first laptop was a DV6500t and overall I was happy with it, just that the only complaints I had was the low battery life and it heated up rather quickly, but rarely over heated.

5. kasooie

kasooie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, i´m at a crossroads and was hoping any of you could help me.

I´m between buying a Lenovo Y570 08622MU
    http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-08622M...519CDDC/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=541966&s=pc

and a Pavilion dv6t, customized
    HP Pavilion dv6 and dv6t series | HP Official Store

I would add 1GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics and Intel i5 to the pavilion, making it in fact better for gaming than the lenovo.

My only two concerns:
    The pavilion says it´s a "Notebook", by this does it mean Laptop or is it actually a notebook, meaning it´s lesser than a laptop.

Also, i´ve read LOTS of customer reviews about the poor quality and duration of the pavilions, as well as the HP service. I´m really scared about this, I don´t want my laptop falling apart soon.

Please, any thoughts?

6. urshobhit

urshobhit Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys i am having a strange problem my notebook is Hp Pavillion Dv6t 3000 which is having intel wifi link 1000 BGN and i use my laptop to share my internet connection through wifi by using connectify but from last 20 days the signals trasmitted by my lappy wifi is extremely low which used to be full is past even i get only 1 signal of wifi within 1ft range of my laptop i have tried various drivers and versions of connectify but the problem still persists please help me to get rid of this problem and tell is this and software issue or hardware issue ?

7. nsoup

nsoup Newbie

Reputations:
    Still hoping someone will figure out how to make this work. Anyone tried? Thanks.

8. EssKayKay

EssKayKay Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a problem I'm having with my new dv6t-se. Apparently it does not come with a numlock light indicator. Is there some other way to display the status of the numlock key (on/off)? I tried HP's "OnScreen Display Utility" but it appears to not be working (unless I did something wrong). Does this util work with the dv6t-se?

Thanks again,
    SKK

9. EssKayKay

EssKayKay Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, I think I have a work around. There is a free utilitly called TrayStatus that shows the status of NumLock, CapLock, ScrollLock, etc in the status bar. It's not really what I wanted but it will work.

I'm still upset that some engineer at HP would seriously propose selling a system with a separte number keypad and not include some method to determine the status of the numLock - especially when they do include such for the CapLock.

Again, thanks for you time,
    sKK

10. COGlory

COGlory Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys.

I've got a dv6-3143us with the switchable graphics. I've been trying to update the ATi drivers for a while now, I even did a clean install of Windows. However, I've yet to find a way to get them to work with the switchable graphics. Has anyone been able to do this?