*HP dv6t Select Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by Tex, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackfire447

Blackfire447 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I plan on ordering my DV6T SE today, but the build date is 6/17, and then probably 5-7 days for shipping, but I won't be around on the 20-25th, so I was wondering if the built date is accurate or if they often finish early or get delayed.

2. ericjmyers

ericjmyers Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It depends, thats their if everything goes wrong date, but it usually gets build faster...

3. zirdaj

zirdaj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi. I just got a dv6 with ati 6770m. On the brochure it says it has gddr5, how can i confirm this on the notebook itself?

4. dave1812

dave1812 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What?? You don't trust HP? :) ( I don't blame you)

5. zirdaj

zirdaj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just making sure because I got it cheap from a PC show :p

Also, looking at notebook check, it says my WEI is supposed to be 6.9, but I only have 6.6.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 7.5 5.9
    Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.6
    Graphics Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics 6.6
    Gaming graphics 4837 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6
    Primary hard disk 613GB Free (683GB Total) 5.9

I am also quite new to this kind of switchable graphics, because the last pc i used (envy 14), you just choose either integrated or dedicated, unlike this one where it chooses which program it will be switching. :p

6. Infected @ngel

Infected @ngel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, Summer is here, and now its time to clean out the dust in the laptop's heatsink fan.

I did it yesterday, i was getting ~97°C CPU and ~90°C GPU. (Checked with HWMonitor). My ambient temp right now is about 38°C. It's pretty hot here in the Tropic, isnt?

Two dust balls with cloth fiber were pulled out blowing with a compressed can. This motherf****s were blocking the air to flow out.

After the maintenance, now my temps drop to 90°C CPU and 86°C GPU, same ambient temp. A big improvement i have to admit, there are the same temps i had when i bought my laptop back in december 10'.

P.S. All the temps were benchmarking while playing a demanding game, like Crysis or Fallout New Vegas.

7. TheRabbit

TheRabbit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, how long did it take you take about your computer? I looked through the maintenance manual and it looks crazy!

8. Infected @ngel

Infected @ngel Newbie

Reputations:
    Dont worry, you dont have to take apart the whole laptop to clean it. Futhermore, if you still have it under warranty, dont open it! It will void it!

To clean the dust from the heatsink fan, just aim the compressed can parallel to the laptop base, and blow directly to the fan holes. Also blow the heatsink fan located under the laptop. Check the fan spins while blowing, this is important, since you want to take apart the dust incrusted on it. Dont worry about the static generated from the fan spining, its minimal and you are not touching any metal could cause a micro discharge.

Blowing this two places clean 99% of the dust inside the laptop. In my case, the dust balls were traped inside the fan grills, so i take a needle and carrefully inserted through the grill and extracted this dust balls.

After this little maintenance, my temps drop drastically.

Cheers.

9. gu1t4r5tud

gu1t4r5tud Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Help please!
    I own HP dv6t Select Edition from last summer. I recently did a clean install to Windows 7 Ultimate x64, along with updated drivers. But here's the problem:
    There is svchost.exe *32 running on Task Manager under Processes. This is located in the Services as Power Manager. The file itself is located under C:\Windows, not C:\Windows\System32. Once this process appears, it takes up 25% of CPU and keeps the fans running like crazy. The only way to stop this is to end the process. I even tried deleting the file and registry entry found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PowerManager, but the process returns after a certain amount of time. Perhaps the file comes back after putting the computer to sleep and resume, or restart.

I'm having trouble fixing this problem myself. I've looked online for a long time for a fix but could not find much help.
    If anyone knows about this particular issue after doing a clean install, please, please help me! Thank you in advance.

10. Infected @ngel

Infected @ngel Newbie

Reputations:
    Its a Windows Service, dont try to delete it!

Leave it alone, it makes your Windows works, thats all you have to know.

Every Windows since... Windows 2000 have this service running, its very normal it takes a quite of amount of resources.