1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

*HP dv6t Select Edition (3XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Pavilion Notebooks' started by Tex, May 19, 2010.

1. hereticangel

hereticangel Notebook Consultant

2. City Pig

City Pig Notebook Virtuoso

I need a new charger RIGHT NOW! Is using a third-party one safe, or do I really have to lay down $70?

3. hereticangel

hereticangel Notebook Consultant

Does any one know if DV6 3206ax has ESATA with port multiplier functionality?

want to buy a 8 bay DAS soonish, running out of usb ports :p

4. squee666

squee666 Notebook Consultant

apparently my Local cash converters had this laptop for sale for £239 making it the cheapest and most powerful system they had.
    Other than it having spanish/french caplock etc i recommended my GF to buy it to replace an entry level samsung rv510.
    The she has almost paid it off when its done im going to donate 2GB from her old samsung into this ones second slot.

The specifications will then be.

Aluminium Body HP DV6-3xxx
    I7-720qm
    Ati HD 5650 1GB
    6GB DDR3
    Non backlit EU keyboard
    750gb HDD
    Altech Lansing Speakers
    1366x768 Display

Has anyone got a working link to the service manual would be a help i dont particularly need it but can speed up what im doing.

As soon as I recieve this laptop im giving it a full service before my GF recieves it.

In order for most efficiency.

Upgrade Bios from Desktop and if Bios is in another language due to Euro Keyboard Reflash with Modified one.(latest one improves thermal efficiency)
    Strip Laptop and Replace thermal from Cpu and Gpu with MX-4
    Reinstall Windows 7 and remove the Retarded 4 different Partitions.
    Reinstalling the Drivers and Yes You can use Validity Fingerprint without the persona.

Then just getting back her software and files copied across

5. cham77

cham77 Notebook Enthusiast

My nephew has a dv6t-3100 that I service for him. Still going 2+ years later and he is pretty rough on laptops. No problems during the 1 year warranty. After that it would overheat and shutdown when on ATI graphics. Took it apart, cleaned the heatsink and fan, then used Arctic Silver 5. Fixed. Then the screen was cracked by a fall, replaced that and cleaned the heatsink and fan again. It is always full of cat hair.

It works fine but the backlit keyboard connector (the white side) on the mobo was so brittle that it broke in two. Now I have 4 pins sticking out. If I touch the cable to the pins just right the keyboard lights up, if it is a little off then the computer shuts down. How can I connect the cable to these pins? Bonus points if it doesn't require soldering, lol.

6. cham77

7. squee666

squee666 Notebook Consultant

already stripped it in about 30mintes a week ago and did it all. Nticed the board had a touch display input.

Her laptop seems to be spanish model though bios is english and is updated fine. £15 for a backlit keyboard replacement is good though finding the touch display for her model is hard, found a site that has no stock off it but it would cost $130 for it inlcuding cables and postage. Gonna get myself a new Wireless Intel card for my own laptop and use my one for hers. My laptop has poor aerials and an atheros card which cuts off for me on windows 8 intel card will help.

When i replace hers with mine she gets Bluetooth 4.0 to replace the bluetooth she doesnt have also.

Amazon.com: Electrically Conductive Wire Glue Bonds: Home Improvement

This glue should help and then maybe add some form of Padding to cover it so it doesnt loosen

8. cham77

Thanks for the link, I'll give the glue a try. I hate to leave the kid without the backlights on his keyboard.

9. pisn4e

pisn4e Newbie

hope someone still looks in here.
    I just replaced the motherboard (603642-001) it had a white screen issue.
    hwmonitor / speedfan report temp 1 / tz01 as 85c i just want to know if it's a cpu or mobo issue? i can return the mobo within 90 days or if it's the cpu what one would be best to replace the current i5 450m with.
    What ever it is is keeping the fan on constantly and driving me bonkers. thanks.
    EDIT: the reason i haven't just assumed it is the mobo is cause it was the same with other mobo even though i couldn't see anything the fan was on constantly.
    [​IMG]