*HP dv6t & dv7t Select Edition / Quad Edition (6XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by radukr, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battouter

battouter Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    what temperatures do you get when wifi web browsing? my dv6 with i5-2430 gets to around low 60's celsius my ambient temp is around 30 c.

2. Kirrr

Kirrr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine was under 50 while only browsing. i7-2670qm.

3. battouter

battouter Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    how high does your ambient temp get up there in hungary?

4. Kirrr

Kirrr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In summer it was 30+ but even then, it was working under 50°C. And idling under 40°C

5. Kalia57

Kalia57 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    I am having an issue with my finger print sensor's light. I have HP Pavilion DV6t. Sensor works fine but there is no white or orange light illuminate like it used to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled validity sensor along with the HP simple pass but still no success. Again, it is just the light that is not working. Thanks in advance!

6. thompson90

thompson90 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Are you using version 6.0.100.272? If so, go to settings and make sure sensor illumination is checked.

7. Elfron

Elfron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello there.

I am wondering if anyone got the same "issue" like I do.

Everytime I restart my PC i get a message that says the volume manager was installed and I should restart my computer.Even if I do this it still gives me the same error.
    If i dont restart the computer it works with no problem.( so its more annoying than its an issue)

I have reinstalled windows this week and I noticed that this error appeared again after the installation of the IDT driver.

Also in the sound area of device manager I have 2 devices
    -IDT High Definition Audio Codec
    -Intel Display Audio.

What do you think could be the problem with this error message.?

Have a good day :)

8. eloydark

eloydark Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any tricks on the conversion? I have a 6z (Liano - 6770m) and want to switch to an i7 - 6770m as well. Was it straight forward? Misscompatibilities?

9. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    I just swapped the motherboard, everything else works and put right back on, the right side USB 2.0 may not work?

10. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a question about this problem I'm having with my dv7t-6000 and thought I would see what you think. I have been having this problem where my computer seems to crash somehow overnight(I leave it running most of the time). This morning I got up and had to hold down the power button to get it to respond and turn off so I could reboot it. There was nothing on the displays except the start button (strange) and it was non functional. But after I restarted it (normally) it was fine. I have also been getting crashes of Google as well as "low memory" warning where I have to close some google windows to get rid of. At any rate I think I may need to reinstall the OS but I have changed the hard drive to an Intel SSD and I had a hard time as I recall getting it up and running. The hardware ID did not match so the restore disks did not want to install. Then the SSD did not want to perform at the specked 6 gps transfer rate. This was a 180 gig ssd which was smaller than the 500 gig HDD that came on the notebook. I did get through that (but I don't remember exactly how) and now I feel that I may need to somehow reinstall the OS to get rid of these problems I'm having. Someone who has gone through this could have some valuable help for me and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks