*HP dv6t & dv7t (70XX / 71XX series) IVY BRIDGE Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzasogood

pizzasogood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My dv6t-7000 anti-glare matte screen definitely was an IPS screen. I would back up the claim that the viewing angles were impeccably good too. I replaced my machine with an HP Omen 15t which has a glossy IPS screen. The colors on the glossy IPS screen seem a lot crisper and more accurate than what is on my dv6t-7000 with the matte IPS. I would still recommend it though. Moving from a basic TN sub-HD display to the IPS, it was the best monitor I had laid my eyes on for that day

2. Aurizen

Aurizen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. swaaye

swaaye Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mSATA is a slot for a slim SSD drive. On the DV6 it is mainly intended for use with a SSD that will be used for Intel Smart Response to cache the hard drive. But you can install a high capacity SSD and use it separately too.

As for the RAM, the Core 3000 series CPU in the DV6 does not use DDR3L. I'm not sure if it will work in it. You should look for DDR3 with a 1.50v specification. DDR3L is 1.35v. But to be honest if you have 8GB you are good to go unless you have some special uses in mind.

4. Aurizen

Aurizen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks! I want to upgrade my hard drive but I'm not sure which way to go.... I'm thinking of getting a Hybrid hard drive for my HP DV6t 7000 Quad edition.... should I get one?

5. juan7

juan7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm looking for a discussion but I can not find it. The discussion is about the mods to lower the temperature by cutting the body / cover of the laptop near the sink.

6. swaaye

swaaye Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hybrid drives are noticeably faster than a regular hard drive. Not as fast as a pure SSD though. You get much more capacity for the money however.

7. C64

C64 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Visibily frustrated. I have a DV7-7250 model. Excellent boot up times, occasionally slow to shut down fully. I wanted to use the second bay for an 850 EVO SATA III 250 GB drive then clone everything over. This isn't my own laptop, but was a drive I'm not doing anything with.

When I bought the cable, which didn't specify which series of DV7, it didn't work. Did BIOS update, nothing would recognize the SSD. Contacted seller, the response "that was for the 6000 series".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.