*HP dv6t & dv7t (70XX / 71XX series) IVY BRIDGE Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HourlySword

HourlySword Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So if i wanted to upgrade the 1366x768 screen that ships with the intel dv6tqe-7000 model, would i just need to buy the 682057-001 FHD display cable and then buy a FHD screen? Because my screen has lines across the screen that won't go away and i'm pretty sure some part of the display is damaged. So if i need to replace it i might as well upgrade the screen while i'm at it, just couldn't find anything concrete about somebody upgrading this screen.

2. hoang00kiet

hoang00kiet Newbie

Reputations:

Thank you so much kisetsu, followed all things from your instruction and the logo light works like a charm now, however, I have an issue recently that may relates to hardware, my webcam and fingerprint do not work anymore at the same time after I had connected a Genius keyboard to one of the usb ports. Moreover, my mouse and other usb devices when I disconnect them I cannot get them recognized, the only solution is to uninstall/reinstall the usb 3.0 host controller Or restart the windows to make them recognized again. This guy has exactly the same problem like me and his only solution is just to stop the popup Unrecognized usb device and live with webcam, fingerprint stop working, you can understand more by following this post Re: USB not recognized - even when there's no USB device at ... - HP Support Forum - 2669663

Million thanks from your help, kisetsu.

3. coolmanhadi

coolmanhadi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone willing to sell his laptop? :)

4. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone with the 630M know how to switch this thing off completely, as in no voltage the GPU even when not in use. I know even when switched to the integrated Intel graphics, the 630M is idling away at around .082v, which is creating a little extra heat and drawing on the battery. There is no switchable graphics option in the BIOS to turn it off fully.

If nothing can be done to turn it off completely. I have tried to lower the voltage, but software I am using will not do this. Is there any (special) software that will allow voltage to be reduced for the 630M?

btw. Please don't point me to the Kelper guide someone wrote, as the 630M is not a kelper but is a Fermi.

5. pizzasogood

pizzasogood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How much would you pay for my dv6t-7000?

I just upgraded to 8.1 Pro not too long ago, too.
    i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    8GB DDR3 RAM @ 798MHz
    Full 1920x1080 Matte Display (It is a beaut!)
    1TB HDD
    1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
    Bluray/DVD ROM Drive

6. cham77

cham77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    say $550 if I needed it

7. pizzasogood

pizzasogood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tried searching through this thread for my issue but was too many pages so I'll go ahead and ask if anyone can help me with my issue. My CD tray button and wireless button is not working after my Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade on my dv6t-7000. I've tried installing drivers but says my system is incompatible with respective drivers or that the driver did install but the wireless button and CD tray button is still not working. Anyone have any ideas?

I am also interested in upgrading my wireless card to a wireless-AC card. Is this a possible?

That is a good quote. Thanks.

8. tareyza

tareyza Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, I had a question regarding heating on my laptop.

I oftentimes use my HP laptop for moderate gaming, and with programs such as core temp, hwmonitor, and Intel XTU, (yes, i have all 3) I've found that my cpu and gpu become quite hot during gaming. The cpu can easily reach 90C after playing an hour of Civilization V, and reaches similarly hot temperatures playing other games. I've already lowered the maximum processor state to 99% in the battery settings (I've also tried 80% but temperatures were equally hot) and blew compressed air into my vents about 2 months ago. I'm now looking to undervolt my laptop as I've read that it can greatly help in reducing temperatures. I have a i7-3610qm and a gt650m on my laptop.

My question is if it is even possible to undervolt my laptop, as the sliders in the intel XTU are all grayed out, and if so, how should I do so safely without BSODs. If there's a BIOS setting or something that could help fix that, that would be awesome.

In addition, if undervolting is not a possibility on cpu, is it possible to also undervolt the GPU?

Finally, if undervolting is not possible at all, what other methods should I use to reduce cpu and gpu temperatures? I should also note, I have a cooling mat below my laptop with fans, and the 90+ degrees C includes using the cooling mat.

9. cham77

cham77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would take it apart and clean out the fan assembly manually. Stuff builds up in there that you can't blow out. If you are feeling adventurous then I would get some good thermal paste and reseat the cpu and gpu.

10. tareyza

tareyza Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The only problem is that I'm not particularly good at disassembling laoptops, and I've heard with this particular model, opening it up to the fan is quite complex.