*HP dv6t & dv7t (70XX / 71XX series) IVY BRIDGE Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abs0lutezer0

abs0lutezer0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know where I can find the speaker mesh sticker needed to cover the service screws on the display bezel? I have been searching for the sticker for some time and no one carries it. I had a run around on HP customer support for awhile but they could not help either! Thanks in advance.

2. mike5026

mike5026 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe it only comes in with a new display. When I got an anti-glare screen a sticker was included.

3. kisetsu17

kisetsu17 Took me long enough

Reputations:
    Hey guys, making a comeback here. I probably still owe some people stuff. Just blipped out for a(n excruciatingly long) while there.

Anyway, have any of you guys figured out how to access advanced BIOS settings with the dv6's? Or is it even remotely possible?

I'm planning a massive thermal mod with mine. I'll keep you guys posted just in case. :)

4. hoang00kiet

hoang00kiet Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi kisetsu, I have exactly the same laptop hp dv6t-7000 like you. When I disassembled it yesterday, the HP logo does not light up anymore, can you explain and direct me to the logo cable so that I can fix it?
    Millions thanks from your help.

5. kisetsu17

Reputations:
    I had this issue before. I'm pretty sure I reseated the small speaker cable nearest to the ram sticks for that -- I never really narrowed down which one connects to the LED though.

In any case, it's better to tear down the laptop until the top cover and reattach all the audio-related cables (red and black ones) just to be sure.

hoang00kiet likes this.
  6. Sasselhoff

Sasselhoff Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick question regarding keyboard removal. I've got a DV6T Quad where I am SURE that after a year of living in the super dirty/dusty air of China the fan and heat sink need a severe cleaning. The only problem is that neither I, nor our IT guys, can get the damn keyboard off. We remove the two screws (and every other damn screw just "in case"), and stick a screwdriver into the screw hole as the manual recommends and apply quite a bit of pressure...to the point that the keyboard bends out damn near an inch, but never pops out. Do I need to stick a thin bladed screwdriver in the front and pry it off (I tried using my fingernail to no avail...my fingernail would break before it popped and I've got some pretty tough fingernails)? I'm REALLY not interested in prying at it with a screwdriver as I'm sure it will leave permanent marks on the front/face. And as I'm in China its not like I can just wander down to the local HP store. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

7. kisetsu17

Reputations:
    Before anything else, is the dv6t you have a 7000 series one? The way I remove mine is after I remove the screws, I also take out the optical drive. There should be an oval-shaped cutout on the top cover which the optical drive would have been covering -- that's where you need to stick your thumb to make the keyboard pop out.

8. Sasselhoff

Sasselhoff Newbie

Reputations:
    No, it's not the one with the thumb hole. That actually confused us at first, as the first manual I downloaded showed the opening where you stick your finger and push, and my computer didn't have it. Once I realized my error and downloaded the proper manual we saw that you are supposed to use something to push through one of the two screw holes (it shows you which one obviously) to get the keyboard to pop out. But push as we might, all the keyboard does is bow out without popping out.

9. kisetsu17

Reputations:
    So it must not be a 7xxx series Pavilion. I'm sure someone else can help you figure it out but I only have the 7xxx and thus can only speak for that laptop. :D

10. Sasselhoff

Sasselhoff Newbie

Reputations:
    But, it IS a 7xxx. The very email that HP sent me when I bought it called it a: HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway. This sure is frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.