HP dv6t display replacement

Discussion in 'HP' started by AutoArc, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblblue

dblblue Newbie

Reputations:
    One more data point.

I replaced a cracked 720p screen for my dv6 6117 with the screen and cable mentioned by Floppy47 (except that I opted for the glossy screen). I received an AUO rather than the LG listed, but what do I care? This screen is a huge improvement in every respect.

A couple of notes:
    1. With respect to the installation procedure, as the OP suggests, make sure that you take careful note of the cable routing from the screen assembly to the laptop assembly when you remove the original screen. In my haste I didn't ... and then spent more time than I care to admit scratching my head. If you wind up in this situation here's a hint: the cables route through the openings in the top hinge covers.
    2. The AUO screen seems a lot more saturated than my external display. This can of course be adjusted through catalyst.

2. 7words

7words Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is this the european version of the DV6? Did you also need the FHD cable?

3. dblblue

dblblue Newbie

Reputations:
    It was the American version. I ordered the replacement FHD cable referenced by Floppy47. No major hiccups.

4. Bikerjay

Bikerjay Newbie

Reputations:
    ANy one try the cable linked by maxencecote ? Its quite a bit cheaper. I am hoping to go that route want to wait until its confirmed. THe photo looks spot on.

5. bbatod

bbatod Newbie

Reputations:
    Will LP156WF1(TL)(F3) work in HP dv6t Select Edition (3XXX series) or this is only for dv6t 6000 series?

6. mandy123

mandy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    On one of the previous pages, someone mentioned that there is no need for FHD cable for Glossy 1080p screen replacement (meaning that the existing cable would work). Can someone please confirm if this is the case, or a cable will always be required - whether matte or glossy? Thanks.

EDIT: I figured that the post I was referring to was regarding replacing a 1080p matte to 1080p glossy. So, obviously, I would need the FHD cable if I want to upgrade from 768p to 1080p. Thanks for this great thread.

7. Ladeef

Ladeef Newbie

Reputations:
    it would still work but you won't get 1080 res. glossy or matte doesn't matter.

8. KeroLu

KeroLu Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where the link to check order status from hp part surfer is? I've combed through the site and I can't find anything! I ordered the part last week and I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. Whereas the screen I got from laptopscreens shipped out already.

9. maxencecote

maxencecote Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed the new screen this night it's all working great :)

The delivery from waresphere took 12 days with the economic shipping.
    I'm not sure the cable is official hp since it was a bit different from the previous one and the wire for the webcam and microphone is a bit too long. Apart this everything works perfectly so no worries you can go for it!

10. AutoArc

AutoArc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Actually, you would get the 1080p resolution with the single channel cable, but the colors would be really washed out. Someone tried it in the modding thread, I don't remember who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.