1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

HP DV6T-7000 vs. ASUS N56VZ

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Fidelitas, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Fidelitas

Fidelitas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!

I need your help choosing my new laptop. I am a design student and I need to do 3D modeling (VECTORWORKS, like AUTOCAD) and photo retouching and color calibration. (ADOBE)

I hesitate between two model and I do not know what to choose ...

HP dv6t-7000

Processor: Intel 3rd generation (R) Core (TM) i7-3610QM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA (R) GeForce (R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    Hard drive: 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive
    Display :15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)

ASUS N56VZ

Processor: Intel 3rd generation (R) Core (TM) i7-3610QM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA (R) GeForce (R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    Hard drive: 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive
    Display: 15.6 "Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display

At first sight seem very comparable models ... but I got some comments from two of the computer and I would like to know ultimately what is the best choice ...

I heard that the HP warmed very quickly, and manufacturing quality Was cheep. Against by the colors and the quality of the screen are amazing ... and its overall look.

For Asus, I have heard many good comments but I thought I saw the beautiful colors on the screen was less beautiful and it's very important to me for my work.

What do you think? Another model I suggest otherwise?

Thank you!

2. poketape

poketape Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Get the Asus. For $165 on XoticPC you can upgrade the screen to 95% gamut, thus giving you a better screen than the HP and taking care of the problem.